Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

are my posts hard to read?

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:11 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default are my posts hard to read?

i'm did this report for English at my University of Maryland and i'm really frustrated. i get A's on most of my papers. i write the way i think. sometimes a bit long, but informative. English was never my first language.

i got partnered with the two worst ghetto jerks i've ever met in my life. i'm a nice guy, smile, and would never even think of causing wrong. it's a long sad story of the people here that has me decided to ship out my car in the near future and move back to Europe where minds of mine belong sad.gif That's not to say there aren't great minds here (and some beautiful women), but it's gotten REALLY BAD here and i can't live with this. People trample you just so they can get their own status up.

these two a--tards are both transfer economy majors and claimed that as an design major i don't know how to write. so they wrote a paper, turned it in and we got a C on it. the professor said it was crap. i said it was crap. they teamed up together and claim that my writing is difficult to understand.

i'm not going to reference this other than to personally get an idea on if i should work on my writing skills. i don't punctuate or capitalize on the forum because it's a forum, but i want to know, has my writing been hard to read?!
Old 11-03-2009 | 06:32 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Other than when you're feeling ...you're good!

laugh.gif Just kidding. I dont have any issues reading your posts.
Old 11-03-2009 | 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Neither do I.
Old 11-03-2009 | 09:24 AM

^thank you guys!! i'm going to the writing center today to further test my sanity. forums have helped me learn a lot. i used to write terribly when i first began, but the frequency helped. that is why you will see a "last edited" in my posts.

hahaha naughty.gif yeah i pick the coolest moods don't i?
Old 11-03-2009 | 10:11 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I thought you were from that states...
I know you mentioned Poland and Croatia at one point I think, but your writing makes it looks like you were born in the States.
Old 11-03-2009 | 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

When writing for the internet, I try and keep things short and sweet nowadays. I don't take the time to read people's post if it's super long and I assume no one wants to read my posts if they are long. Professors don't like to read a whole lot either which is why they give you word or page counts. Keep it simple and include only the info you need to make yourself clear. It's helped my writing a bit.
Old 11-03-2009 | 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (Visionz @ Nov 3 2009, 08:32 AM)
Other than when you're feeling ...you're good!

laugh.gif Just kidding. I dont have any issues reading your posts.

agreed. sometimes ya can come off abrasive, and opinionated but i think that jsut shows you have quite a good command of the written language.
Old 11-03-2009 | 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I read that post with no issues at all. To bad for you, it sounds like you are surrounded by a**holes that have left a poor taste of America in your mouth. Not suprised though seeing as your in the belly of the beast, Washington D.C. the District of Criminals.
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:28 PM

I thought you were from that states...
I know you mentioned Poland and Croatia at one point I think, but your writing makes it looks like you were born in the States.

i am from the states, but it was only because my father worked for the president at the time and then i was born. back then poland was still under russian communist regime (which i remember as clear as day, scary as f***, KGB could kill you, shoot you on spot with AK's, or take your property anytime, food rations for limited unrefrigerated meat, war-torn cities with no maintenance whatsoever surviving on only russian-polish farm targs), until 1989 when Mr. Walesa freed the country. i spent most of my life in the States, but every summer we would drive to Krk where i have a lot of good friends. i wasn't able to come recently due to finishing my bachelors degree.

When writing for the internet, I try and keep things short and sweet nowadays. I don't take the time to read people's post if it's super long and I assume no one wants to read my posts if they are long. Professors don't like to read a whole lot either which is why they give you word or page counts. Keep it simple and include only the info you need to make yourself clear. It's helped my writing a bit.

i'm right with you! i will try to shorten posts up and keep them tidier. i agree, length especially on the internet is not interesting.

agreed. sometimes ya can come off abrasive, and opinionated but i think that jsut shows you have quite a good command of the written language.

with most honor i am triple sorry sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif yeah i can imagine what it sounds like on the other line and why others would take offense. i never intend to come across arrogant, never conceded, but maybe defensive. i'm really quite a spirited guy and always want to learn other perspectives. i get told frequently that only my opinion counts and others do not. i will try to improve this as well, and i by all means i have only the best intentions and highest respect.

I read that post with no issues at all. To bad for you, it sounds like you are surrounded by a**holes that have left a poor taste of America in your mouth. Not suprised though seeing as your in the belly of the beast, Washington D.C. the District of Criminals.

thank you!!!! OMG by reading that i could swear you've been here before?! eye of the storm, epicenter, the drain of the rain? hahahah, you wouldn't believe how great a radius of miles the belly of the beast is. there are wonderful people here just like anywhere and it's not so bad, but especially over the last decade these good people are disappearing and being replaced by a "sad lifestyle" and it has crawled its way into our education system. i can't deal with jerks! but the only reason i am now is because in 1 and a half months i will never see them again, far away on the beach enjoying my vitamin D =)

thanks bigtime everyone.
Old 11-03-2009 | 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

yeah damn dude DC....whew...