Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My Computer Has Shipped!

Old 12-15-2005 | 12:25 PM

so yeah, my computer has finally shipped off to me so i should be receiving it next week somtime. that is why i haven't been posting alot lately. 02.gif i don't know if anyone noticed or not...
so i'm excited to get it back so i thought i'd share with everyone. lmao.gif
Old 12-15-2005 | 12:56 PM

What'd ya get?

An AMD or an Apple, right?.....right....RIGHT?!

lol
Old 12-15-2005 | 01:01 PM

well actually, i guess i didn't clarify. my computer was sent back to the company because the graphics card went up...so they replaced it for free....and they took there good old time getting it fixed too. mad.gif
so it's not a new computer...just my computer with a new graphics card. it's an alienware laptop btw. tongue.gif
Old 12-15-2005 | 02:35 PM

Ahh, I see!

Alienware's are pretty nice; over-priced as PC's, but since you can't (easily) build your own laptop, AW is sweet.

It's hard to go without the internet, isn't it?

I had to go three weeks with no internet at home while I waited for my modem to ship 02.gif
Old 12-15-2005 | 03:34 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i need a new computer. apparently hp makes it so that you can only go to them to service their computers. fokking sh*tholes.

when i said to everyone i'm never buying hp again. i've owned 2 already, 2 printers and one cd burner, the people who create the software for it and the computer itself crash so much it's not even a game anymore. seriously, the fokking hardware is giving up on me after 5 years, and i've failed on so many school projects because the damn thing would freeze up on me. f*ck hp.

i don't know what to get next but people tell me to get apple because they make all the parts themselves. but i hated macs since i used them in school so i don't really know. and they do't make some sh*t for apple either... so i don't know whether or not to get a PC.

I want to throw my computer out of my sunroof one day onto a highway so some freightliner runs it over.
Old 12-15-2005 | 03:50 PM

^ what don't they make for Macs that you want?

Everything that exists for PC's exist for mac, too - it's just not as well known.

Apple making the hardware and the software does make things nice, but it's not just the hardware. OS X is incredible.

I like Macs and OS X because I can do everything I need to with popular programs, and then do everything I need to with Unix (OS X is built on BSD).

In windows, I can use photoshop, dreamweaver, ms office, etc, and if I want to use *nix, I'd have to restart and boot into linux.

With my Mac, I can run Photoshop, DreamWeaver, MS Office, and any Unix app. all side by side. And to be honest, I can't tell you the last time I've restarted my computer - it's been so long I don't even remember.

Not a single virus exists for Mac, and spyware is not even an issue.

But I guess it all comes down to personal choice, really. For me, the benefits of all the programs I want, the power of unix, and the lack of virus and spyware is what makes me a Mac user.
Old 12-15-2005 | 05:19 PM

yeah i've only been able to get on at school and it has been really rough...but i only have 2 more finals to go and they are all next week! fing02.gif