Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Movies You're Excited About?

Old 12-11-2005 | 04:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

QUOTE (brian01tib @ Dec 10 2005, 02:50 PM)
I didnt read the Narnia books but I just saw the movie and it was great I want to see Harry Potter 4 and that first decent that looks really good.

Goblet of fire was gr8, def more for the grown-ups. Need to see Narnia so bad.
Old 12-12-2005 | 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Narnia was by far the best movie of the year, King Kong will be some competition for it, but this story line I feel was far better. The only complaint I would have was it almost seemed too quickly paced to tell the story... more time could have been spent at the begining and the ending I thought. I can't wait to see the other films... wonder how long it will take to make them.... if it were every three years like the star wars films we're looking at 15 years here! Best movie I've seen since LOTR trilogy.

I didn't care for Syriana. It was difficult to follow and never really tied together completly. It followed too many perspectives. It was hard to know who was on who's side and who the real bad guys were.

Can't wait to see X-men 3, Transporter 2, Underworld 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, The Hobbit
Old 12-12-2005 | 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

transporter 2?!?!?!!

did you see the first one? crazy.gif
Old 12-12-2005 | 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

what do u mean there's no Christian message in the movie?

o well, Narnia was a great movie. i dunno what u guys are talking about, that little girl was so cute. the younger brother was a fag. but they portrayed him like he was supposed to be in the books, so that was ok.

it might be awhile until we see the 6-ology, lol. that's a lot of movies to make from the books.
Old 12-12-2005 | 07:55 PM

the whole thing is a christian message, and cs lewis would agree with that statement.

who cares though? doesn't take away from the awesomeness at all for non-believers.
Old 12-12-2005 | 08:24 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

QUOTE (purpletib @ Dec 12 2005, 11:40 PM)
Narnia was by far the best movie of the year, King Kong will be some competition for it, but this story line I feel was far better. The only complaint I would have was it almost seemed too quickly paced to tell the story... more time could have been spent at the begining and the ending I thought. I can't wait to see the other films... wonder how long it will take to make them.... if it were every three years like the star wars films we're looking at 15 years here! Best movie I've seen since LOTR trilogy.

I didn't care for Syriana. It was difficult to follow and never really tied together completly. It followed too many perspectives. It was hard to know who was on who's side and who the real bad guys were.

Can't wait to see X-men 3, Transporter 2, Underworld 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, The Hobbit

Transporter 2 was good, but some stuff was a tad unrealistic. Still a great movie though.
Old 12-12-2005 | 08:35 PM

god i hope the acting was better. i normally dont care about acting, but it was absolutely completely crap in the first one.
Old 12-12-2005 | 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

all i cared about in the first transporter was the girl. damn she was hot.
Old 12-12-2005 | 09:02 PM

Hopefully Underworld 2 won't suck as much as the first one. Ah well, better vampire movie than Blade 1-3 I suppose. Is at least one decent vampire movie a decade too much to ask for?

Transporter was another film that only had a few good chase scenes going for it. Then they threw a half-assed plot around those scenes and called it a movie.

I've only heard so-so comments on Narnia from friends, strange how everyone likes it here. I'm looking forward to it now that I watched an HD trailer and the making of.
Old 12-14-2005 | 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yes Transporter 2 looks completely unrealistic, but I think that's kind of the point. Kind of like Mission Impossible (1 sucked 2 was good). Kind of fills a niche for that over the top action movie with some original content. (Loved that fight scene in 1 with the bike pedals and oil.)