Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This movie is why I refuse to ever use one of these things

Old 07-24-2014 | 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Tibbi
Speak for yourself sucka

I am. Unfortunately, when we're both dead we'll just be dirt, so I won't be able to say "I told you so".
Old 07-25-2014 | 08:01 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

let me explain the joke to you

you see soul has a double meaning

there is the traditional meaning of:

The soul, in many religious, philosophical, psychological, and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal and, in many conceptions, immortal essence of a person or living thing.[1] According to the Abrahamic religions in most of their forms, souls — or at least immortal souls — belong only to human beings.

and there is the disambiguation meaning of:

a certain concept describing a sort of hard to restrain passion, a lust for life when felt positively, and/or a unfulfilled longing for various things within life when expressed negatively, characterized by natural, raw, transparent sincerity and uninhibited expression. The term's origin in the 20th century initially referred primarily to a cultural characteristic common in African-American culture, mostly in reference to a distinctly African-American style of singing (or even playing musical instruments) in genres of music invented and derived primarily by and from African American culture, such as The Blues, Jazz, Soul and Motown music, Funk, Disco, and RnB (Rhythm and Blues)

tibbi was playing a pun and implying that he had soul in the form of a lust for positive life. He posted a .gif of a stereotypical "soul brotha"

I understand how the joke may have gone over your head.

Old 07-25-2014 | 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

If I had said, "you have no soul", the joke would have made sense. But I didn't. So it didn't.

Old 07-26-2014 | 09:07 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Old 07-29-2014 | 06:22 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Let's all go to this house and use a Ouija board!

http://fox43.com/2014/07/25/ghost-at...haunted-house/

Ghost attacks in Hanover haunted house

A home in Hanover, York County will be featured on a national TV show on Saturday. The homeowners say their house is severely haunted, with multiple ghosts and other entities.

Homeowner DeAnna Simpson says they’ve lived in the home for seven years, and put everything they had into buying it. She says she and her husband didn’t find out it was haunted until soon after they moved in.

“We put everything into this house,” says Simpson. “And we do want to move, but we would have to list it at such a price where we could recoup what we put in.”

Simpson has ghostly photos, as well as photos from something that scratches people who come inside. She also has audio recordings of voices, children laughing, and dogs barking that were not in the house.

“Five plus,” she says of the number of ghosts in the house. “I have some here that are protecting me, some women here that are protecting me, but the majority are bad, dark forces, inhuman.”

Simpson says one of the entities in the house is a demon. It appears in a photo as a 7-foot-tall shadow figure. While we were there, Simpson recorded orbs on her cell phone camera and it caught a clip of a shadowy hand reaching out.

When FOX43’s cameras went inside, our photojournalist Nick Petrillo felt his hand burning and saw a scratch on his wrist. Simpson put Holy water on him.

“Because you’re telling the story,” she says. “Because you’re putting it out there, because they don’t want– that is there, I’m just telling you, right now that is their way of a warning.

Simpson has invited priests, paranormal researchers and mediums into the home. The house will be on “The Dead Files” on the Travel Channel on Saturday. She says the crew turned up evidence of grisly deaths that took place there.

Old 07-29-2014 | 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

ALL of those shows are bullsh*t.
Old 07-29-2014 | 11:27 PM

Find me an old ass Ouija, not one of these BS plastic retail shits. I'll do it and film it. There's plenty of old civil war era "haunted" joints around here. It would be a great way to spend an evening!

Hell that sounds like a fun youtube channel: me drunkenly stumbling around a haunted mansion with a gopro, a bottle of whiskey and a ouija board, yelling back at the voices and getting belligerent.

Originally Posted by i8acobra
ALL of those shows are bullsh*t.
But can you PROVE it?

Not saying I'm against you, but unless you can definitely prove your point you just farting into a gale.
Old 07-30-2014 | 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

But can you PROVE it?

Not saying I'm against you, but unless you can definitely prove your point you just farting into a gale.

Burden of proof falls on the one asserting a claim. I'm refuting a claim.
Old 07-31-2014 | 01:40 AM

Reassignment is the tool of the ill-prepared.
Old 07-31-2014 | 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Reassignment is the tool of the ill-prepared.

Perhaps this is why you asked me to prove a negative? Try being better prepared.