Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Movie To Avoid: Meet The Spartans

Old 01-25-2008 | 08:44 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Omg, this movie was terrible. Let me start by saying that i liked scary movie and those type of movies but theyve really lost it.

I couldnt believe how unfunny this movie was, i had a mild chuckle maybe 3 times. The toilet humor wasnt even presented well, i could have made better with my camera set on video mode.

Wow, i almost walked out, but i didnt get a chance to cus the damn movie was only like 47 minutes long lol, thank god. Because the story went no where and the actors were like holding back laughs like it was a damn high school play.

about 15 people walked out, only the 14 year old kids thought it was funny.

wow, just wow.

Anybody else seen it? feel free to warn us about any other toilet bomb movies we should avoid as well..

any body else see any good movies lately?
Old 01-25-2008 | 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

i would never see this anyhow, so thanks for the heads up...ugh
Old 01-25-2008 | 08:48 PM

I went and seen Rambo tonight it was pretty good, but no movie is as good as the original. My gf did not really like it because of all of the killing and blood and stuff lol. But overall I thought it was a decent movie.
Old 01-25-2008 | 09:00 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LoL go to rottentomatoes, they gave it a 00% lmao.gif

i really got duped by the previews, im usually really really good at sniffing out bombs. Musta had some bad chicken or something and i wasnt thinking straight, me and selina wanted to walk out and go watch I am Legend, but just decided to come home and watch some sopranos
Old 01-25-2008 | 11:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Man that movie..I was falling asleep during it and praying it'd be over lol. Luckily it was only like an hour, and Alex and I forgot all about it once we watched the sopranos. smile.gif

I wish I had more hands so I could give the sh-t four thumbs down! ha ha ha lmao.gif

"It's a celebration b-tches!!!"

Sorry, got a little Chappelle's show on my mind ha ha
Old 01-26-2008 | 01:55 AM

LOL, i'll take you guys' word for it, i probably won't like it either. but i have this "making fun of movies" collection going on here, so i'm "obliged" to buy it tongue.gif

ghrm, i still need to get all the Scary Movie, :thunks: {why didn't i think of that when i was in the store!?}

LOL

is it me, or are these guys getting suckier at making that kind of movie now? the first couple of Scary Movie and that Not Another Teen Movie was pretty good, but the newer ones are kinda .... overzealous, don't y'all agree?
Old 01-26-2008 | 06:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Totally agree. I HATED their last 3 films (epic movie, etc). Wont bother seeing this one at all.
Old 01-26-2008 | 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

lol. while we're on current movies.... i saw Untraceable and wasn't the biggest fan. i thought it moved VERY slowly and the ending was f***in terrible.... it was a "THATS IT?!" type of ending.

movies as of late have been ending very poorly.
Old 01-26-2008 | 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundia Tiburon

It's a bad sign when almost 10% of the movie is after the credits.
Old 01-30-2008 | 03:25 PM

that movie looked stupid from just the previews. the first couple scary movies were funny, but the newer movies of the like suck. epic movie was really dumb.

SOCKS and i recently saw knocked up, superbad, disturbia, & saw 4.

knocked up & superbad were hilarious. saw4 was very gorey, but sweet. disturbia was defiantely alot more than i expected it to be. it was really good.