Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Most Viewed Video On Youtube.

Old 10-30-2008 | 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Safe for work, and McCain supporters.
Old 10-30-2008 | 11:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c that one's popular too. i have to say i'm independant right now because i'm from the nation's capitol and i know of a lot of bad things that go on here. government corruption goes so much farther than any president can control.

mccain wants to push a war that he says "we've got to win", but really what is there to win? this soldier is fighting to save lives overseas. i think that's wonderful however this isn't our war. it's a foreign religious war and those soldiers over there are puppets.

i only see diplomatic solutions and peacekeeping talks, but even that won't do much. we keep engaging there, we dig the hole deeper. they're like gangrene. the more you dig in there, the more infected it gets.

palin's speeches, are like a 3rd grader giving an oral presentation. and mccain also just talks and talks. my professor talks better and doesn't know a thing about politics, he's not on t.v. joe the plumber doesn't even have a real license, and the actual joe the plumber makes like $100,000 raping customers. problem is nobody wants to become president.

bottom line is we all know who's going to be president. no sense in conversing. neither mine or anyones instinct can be justified, but deep down we know exactly. he will be president. i don't even have to say who for you to know.
Old 10-31-2008 | 06:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It isn't our war?

Are you serious?

I'll ask you a question I often ask college students, with no worldly view that seem to make their minds up based on Myspace popularity rather than common sense.

Would you rather have this fighting going on in our streets?

Or how about this simple question.

Would any company in the world, ANY company, when faced with the decision to hire a new employee, hire the one with experience, or the one with none? Would Microsoft hire a programmer with 3 years experience as the CEO of the company?

Never.

But this is acceptable for president?

As for "Joe" the plumber, his name isn't even Joe. Since when are we not allowed to ask serious questions of our government, or those running for it, and not expect repercussions? Whether he's a real plumber or not, his questions were right on. I can ask a question about doctors being taxed, and not be a doctor, right? Joe's question was, "Let's say I'm a plumber, and am expanding my business, and I make over 250K a year..." He didn't say, I'm joe, the licenced plumber, I personally make 250,000 a year or more uncloging toilets.

And for all of those other uneducated folks out there, a plumbers business, one with a few trucks and good client base, can easily make well over 250K a year. Unclogging sinks? Maybe, installing plumbing in new built homes as a contractor? For sure.

Kinda funny how folks still pick on Sarah though, very popular governor, been very successful, but since she stumbles in her speeches some, she's a moron? I guess you didn't see NObama on the O'Riley Factor eh? He studdered like the village idiot. His own VP nominee said that he wasn't experienced enough, and would run with McCain as his VP, and no one even pays attention to that.

Change doesn't mean we need to put an unqualified black man into the presidency, or start ignoring people's relationships in the "hope" that they have changed.

Hell, I got told the other day by a group of black students on campus at UNM that they were all voting for NObama because "it's owed to the blacks for 400 years of slavery".

Say what?

Colin Powell, now I would vote for him, but a man who's spent 2 years of his 3.5 years as a federal employee running for president, without any major bills sponsored or cosponsored, with connections to radicals as he has, no thanks.
Old 10-31-2008 | 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow, that's really powerful. So many people in America don't realize what's going on over there and how much work and sacrifice is being done for our security, and how far things have come for the better.

As for Joe the plumber, I can't believe what they (media) have done to him. I mean come on, saying his 'real name' isn't Joe? Who cares!!! And yes, his real name is Joe, his legal name happens to be Sam, but his name is still Joe! But don't get me started on him...
As someone said 'how is it that in 24hrs we can find out absolutely everything about a specific man (Joe - his licensing, his legal name, how much he makes, denying his ability to dream about owning a business, smearing his job (ahem - Biden's quote about Joe?), and yet after 2 years, we still can't figure out who Barack is?" What's wrong here?

RedZ, every time you write on things like this, there's absolutely no denying what you have to say, well said man.
Old 10-31-2008 | 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Oct 31 2008, 09:59 PM)
Wow, that's really powerful. So many people in America don't realize what's going on over there and how much work and sacrifice is being done for our security, and how far things have come for the better.

As for Joe the plumber, I can't believe what they (media) have done to him. I mean come on, saying his 'real name' isn't Joe? Who cares!!! And yes, his real name is Joe, his legal name happens to be Sam, but his name is still Joe! But don't get me started on him...
As someone said 'how is it that in 24hrs we can find out absolutely everything about a specific man (Joe - his licensing, his legal name, how much he makes, denying his ability to dream about owning a business, smearing his job (ahem - Biden's quote about Joe?), and yet after 2 years, we still can't figure out who Barack is?" What's wrong here?

RedZ, every time you write on things like this, there's absolutely no denying what you have to say, well said man.

So true, but what sad is they dont know how real the shit is over there. i bet you you talk to 20 stranges i bet you half of them have never left the state they live in or left the country for that matter. you also can see the diffrence in the G.I's here who have been to the war Vs the ones who have not..

hell people forget about the 44,000 troops here in korea and more then half of them have family here. that does not include the clivilens like me who support the mission here.

we are less then 286km away from 1 million+ army AKA the North koreans..
if they were to attack south korea seoul would fall in 40mins. people ask why the north koreans test fired missiles over japan, they want to see if it could reach that far. Why you ask. what does america have in japan now? you should know. Let me help you

"Dec 7 1941 a day that will live in......"

after we bombed japan and then rebuild japan.. the US Navy 7th fleet is parked in japan.

i just want someone who will do the job and do it right.. and leave the bs at home.
Old 10-31-2008 | 09:36 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Thank you for your contributions to this thread, and our country. I'm glad we can get real insight into the situation.
Old 10-31-2008 | 10:14 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

You do realize that even Colin Powell, who is republican, has endorsed Obama. He gives a fantastic 8 min speech on Meet the Press as to exactly why he is endorsing a man he has only known for 2 years as opposed to a man who he has known for 25 years, has served with, has great respect for, and shares his political party. If actions do speak louder than words, I can think of no other gesture given by no other prominent Military person in Washington today than the move that Powell has made towards supporting Barak Obama.

Colin Powell Endorses Obama

I dont know where everyone gets that Obama doesnt care about our troops and the sacrifices they have made. Its junk, plain and simple. Yes, he has different ideas on where our military should be focussed in the middle east. But thinking he wants to back down is just not true. Didnt anyone watch the debates here? He wants to focus our efforts on Afghanistan while allowing Iraq to take responsibility of their own country. He simply wants to end the war responsibly. I have friends from high school who's pparents basically are doing what Bush is doing right now with his blank check approach. You know, they are still sucking off of mommy and daddy's trust fund and have made no progress on their own as grown adults. The same thing is happening with the growth of the iraqi government. If they dont learn to piss on their own, we'll be washing our hands for the next forty years.

After reading both McCains approach to the war and Obamas, they truly are very identical. Both feel that neighboring countries Iran and Syria need to be approached to secure the region as a whole. Both feel that humanitarian efforts need to be made to rebuild the infrastructure of the area. Both feel that Iraq will be vulnerable until it has its government under its feet. Really, the only thing they disagree on is the timeline to end the war. I do agree with Obama that we have takin our "eye off the ball" and have not directed our forces responsibly and smartly in the battle against terrorism.

Obama has also been endorsed by retired military leaders, Veterans in their highest regard.

Retired Military Support Obama

Even our troops overseas seem to support Obama, not only as our next Commander-in-Chief, but financially as well:

Overseas Troops support Obama Financially

Sarah Palin is someone who has done great things for Alaska, but she is not ready to be a V. President, let alone, God forbid, if she were to ever become President while serving under McCain. Whether you want to admit it or not, how you present yourself in the world and in the media is very important. Your character is under a microscope under these conditions, and Palin is obviously very transparent and her flaws speak louder than words, no pun intended:

"The Politico reported Saturday on Palin's frustration, specifically with McCain advisers Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt. They helped decide to limit Palin's initial media contact to high-profile interviews with Charlie Gibson of ABC and Katie Couric of CBS, which all McCain sources admit were highly damaging."

source: Palin Tension

On a personal note, as far as everyones fear that taxing anyone over 250k is going to hurt families, and crush small business. Well, you are stumbling around way out in left field. I am a piano instructor, and I admit, most of my clients are all people who make over 250k. and they are ALL voting for Obama, knowing that they will have to pay MORE in taxes! Many are small business owners themselves. Now, ask yourself, does that even make sense? Yes, because these folks know that the policies that Obama wants to introduce in our economy is the right choice.

The tax dilema is a no brainer to anyone who can recall the Clinton administration. Not that its was the best administration (considering I truely detest his decision to cutting military bases and funding), his economic plans where sound. The tax hike will not surpass that of the clinton era, although it will be a model for the Obama administration. The 1990's showed jobs were up, incomes were up, unemployment was down, and we had a federal SURPLUS as opposed to a deficit.

Source: Clinton Era Numbers

I do agree with you Jer, those students are IDIOTS! they need to research the facts and stand on their own two feet when making a decision as large as this and not simply pawn it off to we owe it to him. Thats a cop out and its too bad they haven't made up their own minds, be it for Obama or MCCain. Lazy students and youth are everywhere, unfortunately. Hopefully they do their own research for either party before they cast their ballots.

I have done my research. I do have a lot of respect for McCain and believe that he would make a great president. But, considering all our global and homeland issues, I have come to the conclusion that the lesser of the two evils is Obama. I do feel that he is a little under experienced, but in the same respect, it seems to me that starting with his VP choice, that Obama is choosing people that will help him run the country with focus on international issues as well has securing our economic responsibilities here at home. IMO he is not just choosing people to help him win an election. I still feel strongly that McCains choice of Palin was and will be his downfall.

Whew!! Thats it, I'm tired of typing!! My political rants are over, I am going down to vote early today.
Old 10-31-2008 | 11:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Great video. I actually saw it a while back and it was really a good way to get a point across.
Old 10-31-2008 | 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

I can't wait for this election to be over! I am tired of all the menial shit that has been brought up throughout this election. The day this election is over will be a happy day for me. regardless of which candidate wins. Neither of the two really stand out more than the other. You could poke holes in both of them and their vp choices for days. They both suck and I would like a do over with new candidates.
Old 10-31-2008 | 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont even know where to begin with the american economy. as the average person they see it to be a great life. for a person who doesnt live there and knows what i have that america doesnt, i couldnt understand being a proud american. im not bashing anyone in any way. but to proudly say i love my president and coundtry for what it is and what it has become is disgusting. america for some reason is the "land of opportunity".. for what? because you can live the same life anyone else does no matter what race, color, beliefs or advantages you have? NOT TRUE. america is full of people who disriminate against race color and beliefs. the medical program SUCKS beyond anything i can comprehend. here in canada if i hurt myself at work, or at home doing my own personal things im covered and i dont pay a penny! EVER. i dont wait for hours on end, and i NEVER get refused medical treatment. sadly america is different! i could never raise a family with that type of lifestyle. and with the amount of crime and problems on your own streets, maybe you should clean that up before you go and clean up the middle east. not that i dont believe they need help in the middle east. but i believe that you have to fix your own problems before you fix someone elses. because as american taxpayers, wouldnt you rather have less crime, a better medical plan, cleaner neighborhoods, less poverty, the list goes on and on and on and on with what you could do. and lets not forget the awesome debt america has!

when all of that is taken care of. then go to the middle east and help them out. but until then, work on your own streets.

i am also not fond of McCain nor obama. but i believe obama will do less harm than good. McCain is no different than bush to me! and if i dont like 2 things i wouldnt vote for either of them. thats like asking would you rather a rapist or a child molester to walk your neighborhood? i pick neither!

thats my 2 cents as a non american who has watched as many political debates and knows as much as the average "joe the plumber" in america when it comes to this election. im not overly educated on these things but i know what i know!