Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

More Rice!!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2004 ABQ BBQ - Who's Coming? (ABQ = Albuquerque New Mexi

http://www.riceboypage.com/index.html

Enjoy!!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: FS: Bent Intercooler

Got Rice?
ROFLMFAO will some ppl never learn lol.gif
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Semi Convertable RD?

wow, that's like one of the first rice pages out there. I'm suprised you guys haven't seen it until now. smile.gif
Old 10-14-2004, 04:55 AM

Default Re: What happened to KORE???

yeah, that website is actually in my favorites......ih aven't seen anything new on there for about 2 years though.....

did you see the elantra thats on there????i think its an elantra, i haven't been on there lately.....
Old 10-14-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: for your viewing pleasure

lol i just found my new avatar
Old 10-16-2004, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: FS: G-tech and Pyrometer

hmm. i dunno what to say really.

i don't agree with him at times:

Rice-Boy will start out with a car that was not meant to go fast (typically a Honda Civic), and attempt to "fix it up," usually consisting of aftermarket rims, lowering springs and an aftermarket exhaust system with a large exhaust tip

i agree with not meant to go fast. tiburons were not meant to go fast but why not make them?

For example -- I have seen many a Civic with aftermarket rims with the wrong wheel offset, or just plain lowered incorrectly.
how do you "see" wrong offset. how do you see this? how can a car be lowered incorectly. the closer your wheels are to the transmission hence the engine itself, the faster your car will accelerate. if it bottoms out, that's the owner's problem. it can't handle all that bad. if they were made to fit the car, and they do fit the car hence the reason they are on the car, how can the springs be a total misconfiguration?

he also mentions prelude aftermarket muffler in the "hall of shame". then he goes onto saying it's "quite nice". i'm confused...

I'm sure some Honda engineer spent days working on those springs... why mess with them?
yes i'm sure he spent days (months) working on those springs for the STANDARD use! It's not like some Grandma wants to have her Oldsmobile "Type-R" 1 inch from the ground. Of course every car comes with limits and boundries--so every car can be sure not to scrape the parking curb at McDonald's. If the company does not accordinly produce cars according to government regulations, it will be in a bit of trouble.

I don't think adding a V-Tec sticker is ricey. it's pointless but it's the same thing as changing a hyundai badge to a tuscani badge. ricer to me is like taking a saturn sw1 and adding a fat wing on the back of it! or taking a '93 civic fart machine, painting the wipers yellow and sticking some ugly ass altezza lights everyone has. :roll: not changing a muffler...

the dude mentions modifying 4 cylinders is cheap and to get real horsepower you should go big. ok. but what if you don't have $2,500 to spend on your car and just want to add some luxury to it?

i dunno about this site. i've seen some pretty cool ricer sites out there. one of them had a pic of a yellow CRX with a bodykit. it looked pretty cool;but when you looked a little closer, the bodykit was a gutter painted yellow and attached to the entire body to look like skirts! :roll:
Old 10-16-2004, 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Rear strut bar

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)
yellow CRX with a bodykit. it looked pretty cool;but when you looked a little closer, the bodykit was a gutter painted yellow and attached to the entire body to look like skirts!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! That's good.

I agree with you though HKC, He was kinda being an @$$, some of those cars didn't look too bad. Sure the mistu spyder one was funny and stuff but the car looked good.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: 17s?

yeah, i think rice bashing is something people have to have strict boundries on. you cannot just assume that the entire car is ricey. i mean, i hate modified civics, but i've seem some ok ones out there. i've also seen too many ricers. but for chrissake, i came up to a website that said "hyundai" and "performance" don't go together. a car is a car. it's either sporty or not. you cannot say tiburons are not sporty. they are no matter what anybody thinks. what is sporty? if you think about it, sporty is having MOST of the elements of racing combined to have higher standards in racing technology relative to its history (afterall, that's how the definition was created and the opinions were thought of). if that wasn't the case, what would it be?

people saying that could assume a ford taurus is sporty just because it's available in v-8. sure it's hella faster than tiburons! it has a freaging v-8 for chrissake! but it sure as hell isn't sporty! these things pss me off. :roll:

i quote myself. you heard it from me and here: "buying a fast car is something. buying a slow car and making it fast is another."

silvertibbs, hahah you think that's bad. i've actually seen a honda accord with dual exhaust; ecxept upon driving a little bit closer, the muffler on the left side was glued to the bumper to make it look like dual exhaust. in the winter time, you won't see any smoke coming out of that side!