Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

monitor

Old 08-12-2001, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monitor

I just got my subs in a couple of days ago and i had nowhere to put them. So the only spot i found was a shelf about 3 feet above my monitor. I never thought anything about it until the next day when i turned on my computer and noticed that my background was green, purple, and red. I was like WTF.....I didn't know that the magnets were that strong on my subs! Now everything is different colors permanetily! It really really sucks..!! I wonder if this is what color blind people see??
Old 08-12-2001, 07:47 AM

Originally posted by nater107:
The next day when i turned on my computer and noticed that my background was green, purple, and red...

....I wonder if this is what color blind people see??

uhhh dude, I'm pretty sure color blind people are just that...... Color blind!!!

rolleyes.gif
Old 08-12-2001, 09:23 AM

i think color blind folks can see colors but they have a hard time distinguishing certain ones.

anyhow nater, does your monitor have a degaus button? maybe that would help---actually this monitor doesn't have one, but my old monitor did (helpful when win95 would lock up when i was in class).
Old 08-12-2001, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You can get your monitor fixed for about $100. You can try "degausing" your monitor if it has such a function, but chances are, it will need to be re-calibrated by a pro.
Old 08-13-2001, 02:49 AM

After you get your monitor fixed to can still put your subs up there. you just need some kinda metal to block the magnats. Just get aluminum foil and roll it over about 4 or 5 tims into a sheet and put it on top the monitor(learned taht from the screen savers)