Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Military Pics - 3 Carrier Groups

Old 02-13-2008 | 06:47 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Posted on a local car forum.

I think it's the USS Kitty Hawk, Lincoln and Reagan. Not sure, but it said this was the first time in 20 yrs 3 carrier groups had lined up for a picture like this??

Also, someone posted this - take it, crop it, use it as wallpaper.
2 US Carriers & 1 French. 1 UK Assault Ship. Misc others from US, FR, Netherlands and Italy. Full details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fleet_5_nations.jpg

Old 02-13-2008 | 06:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

beauty, but i heard it's dangerous as hell working on those air ships. if you've flown across the atlantic, pacific, or the gulf you'll realize how tiny life is because those oceans seem endless.
Old 02-13-2008 | 08:02 PM

^^

It is, i forget where i read it but I think working on the flight deck on an aircraft carrier was either the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous job. I remember one was a fisherman, like the ones featured on Deadliest Catch, not going out in a lake in a row boat aha, and the other was a roofer.
Old 02-13-2008 | 08:08 PM

navy still sux! cool pic tho
Old 02-13-2008 | 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (viper2x21 @ Feb 13 2008, 10:02 PM)
^^

It is, i forget where i read it but I think working on the flight deck on an aircraft carrier was either the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous job. I remember one was a fisherman, like the ones featured on Deadliest Catch, not going out in a lake in a row boat aha, and the other was a roofer.

Yea, my cousin's husband is a navy pilot and he told me a story about how someone messed up and the landing hook was set for the wrong aircraft type so when the aircraft caught the line it broke it and the steel line of the landing hook cut through a guy and killed him and I think the plane went over the edge but the pilot made it. Those pictures are awesome though.