Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

MidWest Chapter?

Old 04-29-2004, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TibOne, I keep hearing you mention that VoidDweller may have something going on with a MidWest Chapter of your spankin' new RDTuner Club, but where's the follow through?

I'd like some more information, as I'd be pretty interested in joining. I may just be overlooking, but do you have like requirements, rules, and whatever information, posted somewhere?

VoidDweller, if you read this, contact me (PM or IM or Email) - I know you're an admin over on the HIT boards. Since you're in Ohio, you probably know Dweet. Is this MidWest thing your baby? You going to take charge of this thing? I'm over in Illinois so I dunno, I'm just curious how this chapter could play out.

Keep this updated!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Midwest....

Ugh...

LOL
Old 04-29-2004, 09:40 AM

MrPSX, here's whats going down, a while back Voiddweller asked me if he could start a Midwest chapter, i said if you get at least 5 people then you can be head of your own chapter.... this hasnt happened yet, so by all means if you can find five people or more (preferably more) then its yours, and it shouldnt be that hard because chapters seem to be starting up pretty quick around here
Old 05-01-2004, 10:54 PM

Redz, watch it with that midwest stuff wink.gif

I'm in Iowa, so, if you get something going, I suppose you can count on me. I am kind of a loner, so I probably wouldn't make it to too much stuff with school and all, but, drop me a line.
There are a few other members on here, some from Missouri, Peter2150@msn.com is from northwest IA, and there are some Ohio members, or at least people from there that I know of. I don't know if they post around here much. I don't think you should have much trouble finding 5 or 10 people, it is just a matter of how broad you want to make the midwest chapter.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:08 PM

yeah cuz the Midwest is a big ass place... the region of it would be entirely up to the chapter president...
Old 05-02-2004, 02:35 PM

I have no intention of becoming the MidWest Chapter President... With school and a limited schedule in the summer due to working, I don't have much time to govern and organize a car club. I'm simply interested in joining if there is enough people involved.

My guess is that we should have someone older be the leader, since they may have a bit more free time than youngin's who are in school...

Does anybody know if Arn is on these boards? He's from IL and has got a wicked ass RD2 (red w/ vinyl, a kit, nitrous...you've seen it!).
Old 05-03-2004, 11:05 PM

well, if you can get people interested... you dont need to be the president... but you could found it and let someone else run it....
Old 06-09-2004, 02:30 AM

Ever think of meets, events or something to show @ look here:

www.imprimismc.com

That is my Car Club, we had a very successful show this past Sunday, with the help of are sponsers and we always travel and show also smile.gif

So hook it up, Majik is also going to be starting another IMPRIMIS chapter in TN so...

Hit me with show dates or places what not
Old 06-09-2004, 07:53 AM

I was going to try to find more people locally so that we can have meets more often. I have no problem with people being from other parts of the midwest but think it would actually be harder to get things done.....that is why we had such a problem with HIT and yeah I know Dweet. We had several guys around here but most have gotten rid of their Hyundai's. Dweet is now in Colombus and I haven't been able to get ahold of the other people that used to be around. I have seen several Tib's running around here lately but have yet to catch one at a light or in a parking lot (always going the other way). I have put a heads up on Street Racing Dayton to try to find out who some of these guys are but no luck yet.....let me know what you all think and what you want to do. I already have some pretty good contacts on parts and if we can get some solid proposals together we can get at least some partial sponsorships going!! SPIKE, hit me up next time you are on!!
Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 AM

good job Void