Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Looking For Firearm Information

Old 07-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I carried my Glock 20 concealed in the small of my back from Tennessee to Alabama while sitting in racing seats. wink1.gif
Old 07-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

no, java, I haven't looked into any other guns... I'm open to suggestions and was hoping you'd see this thread and reply.

I don't have a problem owning multiple guns... I wanted a 9 for now because I plan on regular target shooting but eventually want a 40 or 45 for CCW. at that point, I'd like tokeep the 9 for target and always have the 40/45 for personal protection... maybe give the 9 to my wife or get her a lady S&W.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I liked this Beretta for it's size and ability to conceal
Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If you want to practice inexpensively and then move on to a bigger gun for concealed carry I suggest a gun with an equivalent in a larger caliber. That way you can move up in firepower and the concealment pistol will still feel familiar if you need to use it in a high stress situation. Springfield XD's are nice pistols and comfortable to shoot. With the XD series you could buy the 9mm and move up to the XD45 later and both pistols will handle and feel almost the same.

I personally pack 2 different pistols for different purposes. If I'm just running to the store or something where there is very little chance of anything happening I stick my Walther P22 in my pants pocket. I use to pack a pocket knife, now I pack the P22 instead. I have shot it enough that it feels like an extension of my hand and while the .22LR doesn't offer much knockdown power I can hit with every single round and 10 rounds of .22LR in your center of mass (or head for that matter) is a lot better than the one I would miss you with out of my .50AE Desert Eagle. The second pistol I pack regularly is my Kimber Custom II 1911. It shoots like a dream but it's a little on the big and heavy side for many people's tastes as a concealed carry pistol. I pack it if I will be in the wilderness or if for some reason I have to go somewhere I feel uncomfortable. I don't mind the size or weight and a 1911 feels soooo good in my hand. It's like it aims itself. Kimber makes various compact models also and IMO you can't beat their quality.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Administrator

hm.... very very good info. Thanks for the insight, I hadn't really thought of that. However, if I do eventually own multiple guns, I hope to be able to become very comfortable with all of them, especially the one I decide to carry.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Berettas are nice guns. I used a Beretta 92FS (also called an M-9 by military terms) in Iraq. simple to use, easy to clean. it took a little getting used to, but when u carry it around everyday for a year its just like an extension of your hand. That Beretta Px4 looks nice and ill probably look more into this gun as i've been meaning to get myself a personal weapon also.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 PM

I'm not a huge fan of beretta's.. If you want a good gun dont go cheap, like anything else you get what you pay for. I'm considering getting a glock when I get back stateside.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:33 PM

I love the Springfeild XD pistols, for target I use the XD 9mm tactical with the 5" barrel and to carry I have the sub compact xd .40 3". Both are very nice guns and to me they are every bit as good as the Glock pistols, the bertta handguns I tend to not like, they always seem to be on the heavy side and the trigger motion just never felt right for my taste.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator

I didn't realize how popular the Springfield XD was... thanks for all the feedback fing02.gif

Just pixed up a magazine that has the Px4 on the cover with a bunch of info inside the mag on this model
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

For target shooting I like the 22, I have a target pistol rifle and revolver. 22s are so nice because of the price of rounds. I dont carry a gun but many people perfer a physically small gun, because they are easier to carry such as my dad's that he carries I forgot the name but it would be possibly for me to touch the end with my triger finger.

For going to the gun range I would go with a nice target pistol, not the full out single shot but the semi auto. They don't kill you wallet in ammo.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

The Springfield XD are great guns, my friends dad used to be a sniper, but is now basicly a gun collecter, anyway he has the SpringfieldXD .45 acp (link)

ive shot it a few times before, and can say from experence its easy to aim and shoot, lightweight helps with the kick to...
anyway theres a buntch of models, ive seen a buntch of them at a gun show with my friends family, seems like a good cheap alternative to some more expenve guns out there fing02.gif