Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Lifespan of 2003 Tib body style...

Old 12-01-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I told you I read that some one compared the Tib to a Ferrari... Hey, if you're going to borrow, borrow from the best! The Tiburon is still a better looking car, than any vehicle one may compare it to. It would be nice, however, if it had the power of a Ferrari... In ours dreams.

[ December 01, 2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: ELANTRAVISION ]
Old 12-01-2002, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

ELANTRAVISION:
It would be nice, however, if it had the power of a Ferrari... In ours dreams.
Let's be honest, you get what you pay for. Hyundai is not the finest motor in all the land, no doubt. But their price is very good for what you get. Let's take a look at something...

On that same Ferrari, you will pay $517 for ONE horsepower. Hell, your paying $19,054 for ONE cylinder... eek!

On the 2001 Tiburon, you pay only $114 for each horsepower.

*Sits back and gets a beer...*
I'm no Random... yet wink
Old 12-01-2002, 11:18 AM

1st generation tibs still look the best to me smile.gif
Old 12-01-2002, 12:51 PM

And the second generation doesn't to most people. Sales were low. If you like it, fine. But, don't be so damned thin skinned when most other people don't. You sound like Honduh kids.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:12 PM

So what if alot of people don't like the second gen tiburon, first gen, third gen, whatever. People have their opinions, let them be. You don't have to try and convert someone who doesn't care for a certian type of car if they don't like it. I hate the looks of the Aztek, but alot of people like it. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

However, just to make a small point, everyone that has seen my 2nd gen tib loves the way it looks. I've never recieved a bad comment on MY car. As to other 2nd gens, I wouldn't know. I've seen ugly versions of almost every car out there. Just depends on what is done to it. smile.gif

-----
Anyways, getting back to the main topic....

I think the 2003 bodystyle will last for 6 years like the previous generations did. The main body and frame will remain the same, however, small cosmetic changes will happen in 3 years (like 1st Gen to 2nd Gen - small changes, like headlights, tailights, interior - the main frame remained the same).

They'll probably do some revision on the interior mostly, since many people don't care for the plain looks, and then they will add a couple thousand to the pricetag. *shrug*

Hopefully Alpine will be in Hyundai's Good graces by that time and solve the *power* issue.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

scourge:
And the second generation doesn't to most people. Sales were low. If you like it, fine. But, don't be so damned thin skinned when most other people don't. You sound like Honduh kids.
Sales were low for the 2001 style huh? Well, straight from the source, the Hyundai sales report...

October 2002 - 1,543 Tiburons Sold (2003 Style)
October 2001 - 1,557 Tiburons Sold (2001 Style)

WOW, the numbers show that the old Tiburon had better sales than the new one. I guess even with the new Ferrari style and V6 engine it can't out sell a "@ss ugly hideous rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra". What's worse, the 2001 Tiburon was over a year old in 2002, since there was no 2002 Tiburon.

Now then, all that said, the first body style went for 3 years, the second body style was good for 2, so the 2003 will last until 2004, that's right, one year. This thread needs to be locked, it's off topic too much now.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:43 PM

Spiffywerks:
So what if alot of people don't like the second gen tiburon, first gen, third gen, whatever. People have their opinions, let them be.
Agreed which is exactly why I let people have their opinions. I'd hate to see the day when every car looked the same. That would suck.

You don't have to try and convert someone who doesn't care for a certian type of car if they don't like it. I hate the looks of the Aztek, but alot of people like it. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not rying to convert anyone. Someone made a comment about hte 2nd gen Tib on an open message board and I responded. You get many opinions when you post online. If people only want one view, posting online is not an effective way to do that.

[b]
I've seen ugly versions of almost every car out there. Just depends on what is done to it.
Werd! I was just referring to the stock version. I won't comment on custom jobs/kits/personalization because that makes each one different. Me? I love an R32 Skyline and a Y32 Nissan Cedric/Gloria sedan. Not everyone does but thats cool with me. I'm getting one or the other and I'll be happy with either...more happy with both! smile.gif But yes, I have seen some @ss kits on both the R32 and the Cedric that make them look, well....like @ss.

I'm not hating. I'm just joining in the conversation with my 2 Yen.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:47 PM

Zaibatsu JVX:
Sales were low for the 2001 style huh? Well, straight from the source, the Hyundai sales report...

October 2002 - 1,543 Tiburons Sold (2003 Style)
October 2001 - 1,557 Tiburons Sold (2001 Style)

WOW, the numbers show that the old Tiburon had better sales than the new one. I guess even with the new Ferrari style and V6 engine it can't out sell a "@ss ugly hideous rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra". What's worse, the 2001 Tiburon was over a year old in 2002, since there was no 2002 Tiburon.
[/b]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, you will grasp for anything man. You take ONE MONTH of sales and post them with absolutely no context. How ridiculous.

October 2001 is pre 9-11 and pre-recession
October 2002 is in a recession and in a time of economic uncertainty. ALL SALES ARE DOWN. Posting this little bit of info in isolation makes you look like an idiot man.

[b]
This thread needs to be locked, it's off topic too much now.
ie. I don't like what I'm reading on an open message board and now I'm going to just cry about it. rolleyes.gif Waaaaaaaaah! Nobody forces you to click on any thread. You don't like it? Don't come here. Duh.