Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Lifespan of 2003 Tib body style...

Old 11-24-2002, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Zaibatsu JVX:
Agreed. The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration. The 2nd gen was rightly criticized for being derivitive and ugly.
Damn dood. A lot of people like my car... remind me never to drive to Japan. wink
Everyone I know likes the 2nd gen more than the first or 3rd.

My opinion is the first was boring, the 3rd is nice outside but BORING inside.

And for AWD? Why? I like mine the way it is. Just want more power.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:35 PM

TiGgEr:
if this thinking were to apply to everything then EVERY car on the road would be a rip-off of every other cars headlight configuration, window layout, wheel pattern or whatever.
Just because you refuse to see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

____

I guess I am being a bit too harsh. I liked the 1st gen Tib and was so disappointed with the monstrosity they made the 2nd. But, I really really like the 3rd gen and one can really make them look good.

http://www.wangan-speed.com/

[ November 25, 2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: scourge ]
Old 11-25-2002, 12:19 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rubenz2K1:
i think the general look of the car would stay the same for longer than three years cause alot more people like this look/style compared to the previous years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed. The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration. The 2nd gen was rightly criticized for being derivitive and ugly.

This 3rd gen Tib has more appeal even though it may not be up to snuff in a lot of the power catagories, but people still like it. Expect to see this body stlye for at least 5 years IMO. Also, I expect to see Hyundai beging more racing programs for this car. They seemed to finally make this car their image car. We'll see what happens.
*Shrug* Why the celica and integra? I've never had anyone approach me saying my car looks like a celica/integra... But I've had people ask me if my car was a Jaguar a few times though. As for the 3rd gen IMHO, has looks of a mustang/cougar put together. Considering Mustangs and cougars sale fairly well, it's not a suprise people are into this 3rd generation Tib look. *shrug* Out of all 3 gens, I think a lot of people would agree 2nd gens and 1st gens stand out a lot more then 3rd gens.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:56 PM

Anyone who mistakes a Hyundai with a Jag obviously knows absolutely nohthing about cars and could hardly be considered a ringing endorsement.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

scourge:
Anyone who mistakes a Hyundai with a Jag obviously knows absolutely nohthing about cars and could hardly be considered a ringing endorsement.
I think he is talking about the headlights...

And the new 2003 Tiburon takes a lot of style cues from the Mustang, but your not calling it a rip-off... rolleyes.gif
Old 11-25-2002, 02:11 PM

derivitive is the word I used. And, the Hyundai in no way resembles a Jag for anyone who has the slightest clue about cars.

______

But, to use the word "rip-off" I would have to apply that term to the new Maseratis that are obvious clones of Aston Martins. The differences are very slight.

[ November 25, 2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: scourge ]
Old 11-25-2002, 02:13 PM

I recall reading somewhere, in a magazine, the journalist had said that the 3rd gen Tib had 'various styling cues' that came from a certain Ferrari/Lambourghini... I believe he was referring to the airways on the side of the car {I forget what they're called} On the Mustangs the opening is at the back wheels, on the Tibs its at the front...
Old 11-26-2002, 02:19 PM

derivitive is the word I used. And, the Hyundai in no way resembles a Jag for anyone who has the slightest clue about cars.
Then how the hell does the 2nd gen Tiburon resemble a old Celica or Integra? Cause of the quad head lights? Well the Jags have that to. Other then the quad lights, the 2nd gen has nothing similar to the Celica/Integra. The body style is completly different, and the rear end of the cars don't even compare. At least the Jag has more swoopy lines on the hood like the 2nd gen Tibs. rolleyes.gif

[ November 26, 2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Pakman ]
Old 11-26-2002, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I did a search for 456 GT on Google and a couple 2003 Tib pics actually came up.

derivitive is the word I used.
Oh, then what is this...

The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration.
Yeah, you said rip-off. So is the new Tiburon a rip off of the Ferrari because it has a little grill in front of the doors?

[ November 26, 2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Zaibatsu JVX ]
Old 11-26-2002, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Zaibatsu JVX:

I did a search for 456 GT on Google and a couple 2003 Tib pics actually came up.

derivitive is the word I used.
Oh, then what is this...

The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration.
Yeah, you said rip-off. So is the new Tiburon a rip off of the Ferrari because it has a little grill in front of the doors?
<marquee>*Get him!*</marquee>

*Sits back and gets a beer...*