Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Lifespan of 2003 Tib body style...

Old 11-24-2002, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifespan of 2003 Tib body style...

I think the 1st generation Tib body style was around for 3 years, then the improved {IMO} 2nd generation body replaced it. That lasted for 3 years as well. And now the 3rd generation Tib is out... So my question is, how long do you guys figure this body style will be around, considering that is seems to be making the car much more desirable {I know there are other mechanical differences}. I'd say perhaps another 3... Body styles are like cookies, 2 is too little, 4 is too much; 3 is just right. I say 3 years, but when it does get its 'facelift' it will be subtle, like the differnces between the 1st and 2nd gens are not that severe.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:33 AM

the problem with the 3rd gens are boring interior and weak engines. 134 hp in a 4cylinder at 3000 pounds? what moron would buy that.

even the gt aint impressive. 170 hp at 3000 pounds? v tec ludes ( 4 cylinder BTW)smash that thing to pieces stock vs stock.

do the math.
first and second gens vs the gts....

2600 pounds divided by 140 hp

for every 18 pounds of car, you have 1hp

3000 pounds dived by 134 hp
(lets not even bother)

3000 pounds dived by 170 hp
for every 17 pounds of car, u get 1hp

so, the interior sucks, the engine sucks, but it sells.

itll be here for at least 3 years.
what we need is them to move it to awd and thro in a turbo. and keep it under 20g, then i can wake up and realize this is hyundai. rolleyes.gif
Old 11-24-2002, 03:15 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Keep the body style, bring back the second gen interior, and improve the engine.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:55 AM

i think the general look of the car would stay the same for longer than three years cause alot more people like this look/style compared to the previous years.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:09 AM

What if they took Hyundai's 3.5L and dropped it in the new Tiburons? Of course, change the gearing to compensate for thr added weight, and have it supercharged like the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP's or the new Chevy Impala that is supercharged {coming soon}. Bring it close to 250hp, 275, maybe even 300???
Sounds good to me...
Old 11-24-2002, 08:31 AM

rubenz2K1:
i think the general look of the car would stay the same for longer than three years cause alot more people like this look/style compared to the previous years.
Agreed. The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration. The 2nd gen was rightly criticized for being derivitive and ugly.

This 3rd gen Tib has more appeal even though it may not be up to snuff in a lot of the power catagories, but people still like it. Expect to see this body stlye for at least 5 years IMO. Also, I expect to see Hyundai beging more racing programs for this car. They seemed to finally make this car their image car. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:39 AM

Agreed. The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration. The 2nd gen was rightly criticized for being derivitive and ugly.
Damn dood. A lot of people like my car... remind me never to drive to Japan. wink
Old 11-24-2002, 09:18 AM

There is nothing wrong with you liking it and its cool that you don't care what others think about that. I respect that. However, the 2nd gen Tib was lambasted the moment it was released till now.

I won't comment on the performance on the car because I simply don't know, but the 2nd gen body was never widly accepted.

And, come over to drive in Japan. RHD on the left side of the raod really is easy and its kinda funky. smile.gif
Old 11-24-2002, 10:18 AM

i just got to say that ....
The second gen Tib is just @ss ugly hideous and a rip-off of the Toyota Celica/Honda Integra headlight configuration.
.... is a sorry excuse for anything.

if this thinking were to apply to everything then EVERY car on the road would be a rip-off of every other cars headlight configuration, window layout, wheel pattern or whatever.

Not only that but celicas and integras WERE NOT the first cars to have that kind of headlight configuration.

Unless a car manufacturer does something DRASTICALLY different, like make a car with 3 wheels and 1 headlight housing in front, then every car on the fuggin face of the planet is gonna resemble some other car in history. There's nothing new about a 1st gen tibs headlight configuration JUST AS MUCH as there is nothing new about a 2nd or 3rd gen's headlight configuration.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:37 AM

I agree with Tiger...

Another car the 2nd gen looks like is a Supra... from the side. Honestly. I parked at the grocery store a couple days ago next to a Supra and my car had similar body lines as a Supra. AHHH!! I hate Supras! lol...

And back to topic... I say give this new Tib until the "new" 2005 that will come out mid-2004.