Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Leaves + 3 Inches Of Snow = Bad Shit Happens :(

Old 10-25-2005, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

well i live in Morgantown, WV. and we never get snow till late Nov. this yr is different. the hurracane rain and the cold winds and weather combined to screw my town over. in my block alone there are 3 cars crushed by trees. Transformores are blowing all over the place. Salt trucks arent ready so the roads cant be treated. everything that has leaves is either broken, or at a 90 degree angle. why? the leaves were still on trees.....when the 3 inches of snow came and no one was ready for it, the weight built up and things broke. every house i drove by that had a tree, either the entire tree, or 3/4 of the tree was broke and on the ground / cars / road. but ya, i still have school somehow..... i mean wtf! 02.gif.

o btw, our back yard fence was engulfed by our henges.....they bend on top of it 02.gif. the repair costs for this are going to suck!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:43 AM

Wow you got snow already?! And you're south of me. I guess the warm ocean current is preventing snow here, but we're getting flooding and terrible winds since my town is on the ocean. Supposedly we're going to get hit bad by late morning/early afternoon today. Ehhh, I'm in no mood to be stuck inside, lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:31 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

If you guys have salt trucks ready for 3 inches of snow and are already pissing your pants you don't know what real winter is like...
Although the hurricane winds would blow, 3 inches of snow ain't shit. Sissies!

We measure snow in feet in Wisconsin.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:11 AM

Time for FEMA to save the day again..
Old 10-25-2005, 08:31 AM

It's the same way in Weston 00Tibby. But we're gettin out of school at noon
Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Oct 25 2005, 09:31 AM)
If you guys have salt trucks ready for 3 inches of snow and are already pissing your pants you don't know what real winter is like...
Although the hurricane winds would blow, 3 inches of snow ain't shit. Sissies!

We measure snow in feet in Wisconsin.

he made this thread not because he thinks 3 inches of snow is a lot, but because those 3 inches made tree limbs break all over the place.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

zoned, we never have had snow accumlate this early in the year, so the trucks were NOT ready..... meaning they were not prepared. lol u completely misread 02.gif. anyways ya, it seems that the city was basically without power this morning, except the major buildings.... but ya, its just crazy cuz of all the crap on the roads, and everything outside getting ruined cuz of the VERY early snow 02.gif. o well, i guess they'll eventually fix the power, still not working in most areas. but ya i wasnt saying 3" is a lot.... just that nothing was ready and it screwed the trees, causing most of them to fall over or break.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

thank goodneszz, i thought this was going to be "another tib bites the dust" topic. pheww.

glad to know you and the car are safe and sound. don't drive in that shiz. yeah it's not even that cold here man. that hurricane combined with some fronts probably did some damage. snow before halloween is crazy!!

yeah WV gets some MAD snow. the reason it doesn't snow as hard in the nation capitol is because we're to the left of the appalatians so the mountains block the fronts and for us to get something like that is it either has to be a "perfect" storm or it has to come from the south up. but this hurricane definitely caused some wierd weather for WV and New England.

i guess you got a dose of this years winter. i suggest you get winter tires if you're to drive to college. college classes don't cancel as easily as high school. you have to come in no matter what really. my college calls me personally to tell me the circumstances nana.gif
Old 10-25-2005, 03:31 PM

I saw on the weather that you guys were already getting snow. I was surprised to say the least. Here at the shore (like Toxic) we only get hit bad when a storm comes up the coast.. and then we get buried.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

yea, i'm hating winter here. we had 2ft of snow fall one week, then the next week, the sun came out. still at 25deg...making all the snow into packed ice. slippery ice. my blizzaks aren't doing jack sh!t on the ice its so slippery. i hate the freezing stage...