Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Lcd Tv Problems.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I used it as normal. And the picture was great but with playing Need for Speed for an hour it burned a tach and speedo into the screen. Talked to the salesman and he said to bring it back. I didnt know plasmas did that and the salesman knew I was going to buy a PS3. Anyway the LG model I had was the best with not having things burned in and it actually heals itself. But I decided that I wasnt happy enough with it so I went and got a LCD instead. Cost me a little more but I really like it. My cable signal is weak so the company is fixing that and then it will use HDMI cables. The LCD is 1080 now also instead of the 720 plasma.

New one is a 40" Samsung. Looks good but I gotta get the cable signal fixed.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I am always worried about burn in and i've already seen words on the screen stay on for a bit after playing xbox.

I asked about it when I bought the tv they told me that the tv has a pixel shifting thing that it switches the pixels slightly so its not noticable but will keep it from burning in by not having the same ones on constanly.

I'm sure after hours of playing it might burn in but i've seen dvds that you can buy that will show random images, patterns, and colors that are supposed to "erase" the burn in image if it isn't too bad. I don't know if it works or not.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've heard plasmas are much more likely to have images burn in.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats true Majik. And Im not sure why the guy didnt tell me that. The second guy I talked to when I took it back said that plasmas are not good for gaming.