Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Just wanted to let all the new people know.....

Old 05-21-2008 | 10:59 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Just wanted to let all the new people know.....

I know its been said alot in other threads and even on other forums...this place is VERY friendly. Just a couple of quick points I want to it to be made known to everyone....
  1. You wont get yelled at to use the search feature, here
  2. If you're not getting the answers you're looking for...feel free to send a PM to any of the Moderators or Admins
  3. This community is built for YOU, the tuners....not for the Admins and Moderators. So if you want to see something cool added or changed on the site/forum...let us know!
  4. The only rule you will see here is that there is no personal attacks towards others. So if you have an issue with someone, talk to a Mod or Admin.
  5. Bottom line is this....ENJOY YOURSELF HERE and have fun!
Hyundai Aftermarket is the oldest living Hyundai site on the internet. We're not going anywhere, and you will NEVER EVER see the forum be filled with banner ads or any other type of advertising. I (visionz) make no money on the site, and I keep it open for the love of Hyundai tuning. Its not here to profit off of.

So that being said....lets party!
yeah.gif
Old 05-21-2008 | 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Right on man! Just the way it should be. cool.gif
Old 05-22-2008 | 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

the party here never ends banana.gif, best site ever !!!! lol
Old 05-22-2008 | 09:27 AM
Administrator

I wont really bash on other sites because its bad karma, and I'm friends with most of the owners of other sites (except NT), but one thing I will say is that this place is no where near as strict as other forums out there. I can understand that everyone runs their site their own way, but when I go to some of these other places....it almost seems like they are TOO harsh. People wont stick around or post or help if they think they will get yelled at, or will be under an Iron Fist. I could never understand why so many sites out there (both Hyundai and non) operate that way. You want people to feel comfortable and enjoy the time they spend on your website. So why make it complicated and set harsh rules that will push them away? I dont get it. So what if a question has been asked a million times already. Does it really take up that much time in your life where you cant spend 2 minutes writing a quick reply to their question? The time it takes for you to yell at someone and tell them to use the search, you could of just given them a quick answer to their question. Or people who dont introduce themselves right away are looked down upon because they posted in some other forum before they said who they were. So what? Everyone eventually learns about each other in some way or another through the forum. So because they dont do it right away in the introduction forum isnt a reason to jump down their backs about it.

Also, advertising for other shops...ok...while I can understand why other sites dont like if you dont ask permission first to advertise shops or even other forums....its another thing that pushes people away. I think too many people stay selfish with the way things are run, and they want people to only stay on their site with no outside influence of other places for members to go. If you're kind enough to the members of your site, and help them out....they will stay. Bottom line! With being in the car scene for so long and being a part of sooooo many other communities, it seriously boggles my mind the way people are treated on other sites and will never understand it why so many Admin's and Moderators do that.

Oh well...but people who come here....HAVE NO FEAR of any of that. We'll help out as much as we can, and if we dont know the answer, we'll tell you and give you places where you might find the answer. We're all here as a community. I think its about time everyone who owns a Hyundai start remembering that and start realizing that the way to go is to be friendly and offer support instead of being an asshole and pushing people away.

grouphug.gif beercheers.gif Comfort.gif
Old 05-22-2008 | 10:19 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I agree 100%.
Old 05-22-2008 | 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

i also agree, i dont want anyone to think i am bashing other sites, im just saying that is is one of the best hyundai forums i know of, as i am a member in other hyundai sites too.
Old 05-23-2008 | 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

Im feeling this site. I think its better than HP.com. We just need to get some of the information from their over to here. I dont know if their is some rule against that or what. HP.com is filled up with ads and crap, with i dont like. I hope most of the people will come over to here and join the party, and also bring the knowledege with than as well.
Old 05-23-2008 | 03:54 PM
Administrator

Just spread the word and tell everyone about it. People will come if they know theres good info and good people here. smile.gif