Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Just got pulled over...ugh.

Old 11-01-2001 | 03:12 PM

Default Just got pulled over...ugh.

So...went to the bar with some friends tonight. I only had 1 long island...don't ask why but I believe it was fate. Left around 11:00 to drive my girl home. There's this one long stretch of road that I always gun it at just because..usually get up to 90mph and then coast to the stop light. Speed limit is 50.

Well, for the first time since I've been driving (7 years) theres an officer at the side of the road..snagged. I pull over and he comes up to the car practically screaming about my stupidity. 88mph in a 50. Almost reckless driving..he gets backup and makes me get out of the car. So I'm ****ting bricks worrying about what's gonna happen. He searches my entire car..my Taco Bell is getting cold. I also got an additional ticket for tinted front windows.

Anyhow, this isnt' in the Flame section because there is nothing for me to flame about. It was my fault and I'm typing just to say that even on those roads where you think nobody's ever watching, you gotta be careful. Overall the two officers were cool and asked about the car and TeamSR and I knew one of them from prior incidents . Rather humbling experience and oddly it didn't ruin my day until I have to fork out $105 plus whatever the window tint ticket is.. g'night
Old 11-01-2001 | 10:28 PM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

You can't have your front windows tinted in IL? Or was it a ticket for having them to dark?
Old 11-01-2001 | 10:56 PM

Nope..can't have ANY tint on the windshield or driver/passenger windows.

Tint Laws
Old 11-02-2001 | 02:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Damn! Then what happens if you buy a car that comes from the factory with tinted windows???
Old 11-02-2001 | 02:20 AM

Well, cars sold new from the dealer in Illinois don't come with tinted front windows because it's illegal for them to sell it as new with it on. If you buy a used car with tinted windows it's no excuse to avoid the law and you have to remove it.