Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Just Got Out Of Jail

Old 10-14-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I don't know much about US law but over here if they don't breathalise you or give you a blood test then they have no proof that you were in fact intoxicated. If that is the case, then they don't have a leg to stand on with that bogus charge...

Mate, in this instance YOU were the victim of Police brutality. I'd definitely fight it fing02.gif
Old 10-14-2005, 06:08 PM

Hey i had something like that happen to me also.try to see if you can get a tape or witnesess or dont pursue it cause they will win they are cops you are nobody to courts but a punk.If you ask me its the long island ice teas that did it thats what i was drinking to.But if they didnt test you might win they dont have proof.In my case they said i assulted the cop and i did a year in jail and on 5years probation still on so get all the evidence you can first,see if any other buildings around there have cameras also.GOOD LUCK
Old 10-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you remember that story just how it was. the cops were being assholes. you weren't doing anything wrong, you were just going out of the club to see if your friend was OK. you weren't starting any trouble. when the cops knocked down your drink, that's so dangerous because when they took you down the glass could have cut you.

i've seen stuff like this being argued in court before and the cops are most definitely wrong. that's f***ed up of them and you know it.

if i were in your position, i'd go ahead a fight the damn thing. why pay $200 and pay for a class and sit through everything if you didn't do anything wrong? plus, they didn't take a breathelizer test on you so they have no right to say you were intoxicated.

fight it fight it fight it and the juduge will be on your side if you tell them the story just how it was, and that you were just stepping outside to check on your friend and the cops instigated trouble. they probably wanted to get their comission out on you.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

fight it.....call some local papers,magazines,I've seen posters stapeled all over poles & buildings for people lookin for witnesses to for beatings &stuff,....when the police are the perpertrators , sou should have no problem having witness come forward......Just remember if you do persue this avenue,it could be a very long and ugly process.. I personally would see it out to the end if what you are saying is exactly true.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

you know the name of the cops? i have quite a few friends in austin.

fight it.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Oct 14 2005, 11:26 PM)
wow, thats lame. Cops here I guess are pretty lenient.

no way TC cops here are the biggest D!cks ever. Cops, always threaten you and try to force info out of you.
I would just take the community service and fine. Attorneys are so expensive. I tried to just plead guilty and the judge wouldnt let me, he told me i needed a lawyer, i got a lawyer had to pay a fine and still had community service. I wouldnt fight it. Its there word against yours regardless.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:57 PM

damn, I must have a way with them. Most of the time they let me go, lol.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 PM

^^^
you are a girl. good looking girl... wink1.gif
Old 10-14-2005, 11:48 PM

its all true. im going to fight it. they wouldnt give me the name of the guy who through my drink down and grabbed my shirt.

i have my two friends as witnesses and maybe others if i can find them.

i found out in tx. it doesnt matter if they have proof. if they feel your intoxicated they can arrest you with no proof.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

hey long, actually, you may as well do the community service. you're not going to win.
what you can do tho, is go to court to see if the judge could reduce the terms for you. tell your end of the story and ask that you dont pay the fine and have less hours, yadda yadda, then say that you understand that the officer had to do what he had to do. then just do some community service and let it go. remember how strict judges are in texas. if you have no previous history, you should be able to get the hours reduced and what-not.