Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Just Got Out Of Jail

Old 10-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok here is the deal. me and two of my homeboys were at a club in austin having a good time. one of my friends needed to go back to the car. he did but never came back. so i called him and he said he couldnt get back in right now.

so i go to the back door with my drink and open the door. noone from the club was at the exit door. i open it and see my friend and take ONE step out and was like, why cant you get in. right after that a cop just up in front of me, grabs my shirt, knecklace and pulls me towards him.

he said to give him my drink. i was a full long island ice tea. i was like why? he said because im out in public. i told him id take one step back and go back in. he said no and another cop got in my face and said your about to be maced. then the cop knocks down my drink and brakes the glass.

i couldnt believe it but listening to my friend i went back inside. later he came back in and said he wanted to leave. as we were leaving i decide to ask the cop something.

"excuse me sir, can i ask you something?"
"sure"
"why did you have to be so violent and almost brake my chain"
"you didnt listen"
"but i was right there, i could of went right back in"
"you need to go home"
"but i dont understand?"
"go home or we will arrest you"
my friends grab me and turn me around and we start walkingn off
as we were walking off i said
"man this is fucced up"

next thing i know, two or three guys grab me from behind trying to trip me saying im under arrest.
i dont go down fast because im like WTF. finally they trip me and i fall, i land on my hands in push up position, and my glasses fall off.

boom they mace me saying im trying to resist arrest because i didnt fall on my face.
well i stayed the night in jail all night and saw the judge.

charging me with Public Intoxication

i have two weeks to decide if i want to take it to jury trial or trial by judge or plead no contest and do
a 8 hour class
16 hours community servc
200 fine
and get it defferred from my record.

can i fight this? i never took any type of sobriety test.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:51 PM

You can always fight something in court. What you have to ask yourself is, will the legal council cost more than the cost of the the fine. Does the money matter to you? Do you have a good lawyer in the family or as a friend?

There are always three sides to every story: party A's, party B's, and the truth.

You have witnesses and from your description I think what they did might have been excessive but, I wasn't there. I also in general think that where there are a lot of hardworking honest cops trying to do the right thing, there are also a bunch of grown babies that got pushed around a lot in school who use their badge to bully.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:51 PM

Im sure with the right lawyer you could fight it.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:52 PM

id fight it! drillsergeant.gif
Old 10-14-2005, 04:55 PM

Ask the club if they have video surveilance...
Old 10-14-2005, 05:00 PM

^^^ i'll give them a call today.

i want to fight it because i dont want to do the community service or the class. i think its total bs.

they grabbed me from behind. they could of just handcuffed me while i was standing instead of taking me down and spraying me.

im an asian dude, clean cut, long sleeve Dress shirt on, polos etc. didnt look like i thug, didnt raise my voice, nothing.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:26 PM

Asian in Texas, I'd be interested to see the arrests requiring use of force on those cops records. The race card may give you an edge in court if they have a history. I'm not trying to instigate things, I've just spent a lot of time in cities and states where racial predjudice dictated a lot of small town politics.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:26 PM

wow, thats lame. Cops here I guess are pretty lenient.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:54 PM

QUOTE (long @ Oct 14 2005, 07:00 PM)
im an asian dude, clean cut, long sleeve Dress shirt on, polos etc. didnt look like i thug, didnt raise my voice, nothing.

haha.gif There you go, he thought you were gonna get all, Jet Li on them. lmao.gif

joke.gif Sorry I had to say it. nana.gif

Fight it, just get as much info as you can.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Id fight it. I dont know much about courts but maybe they could pay yor court fees and suspend those cops for unnessary violence, and maybe racism if you had a video. Good luck with it