Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Junkyard Mega-Wars

Old 11-25-2001 | 11:19 PM

Default Junkyard Mega-Wars

Anybody watch it last night, on TLC?

All three countries/teams had some really good designs for the machine they had to make, but in the end, the American team dominated two of the three trials, and won overall.

I will mention that the American team were people from the Lockheed-Martin F-22 project, but I'm not gloating or anything...

...gonna go put a bunch of pontoons on the sides of my Tib now...
Old 11-26-2001 | 12:15 AM

I flipped past it a couple times and I remember seeing something with huge pontoons on it. I used to watch that show a lot, but I couldn't take it anymore. That lady host just drives me nuts. tongue.gif
Old 11-26-2001 | 12:42 AM

Two of the vehicles had big floaties on them. The British one had two long strings of barrels welded together, end-to-end. The American team had a bunch of airtight boxes threaded through rods on the vehicle. The American team went through the R&D of finding the center of gravity on their frame, and then figuring out where to attach the floaties. The British team just stuck them onto the sides, which meant that when they got in the water, the heavy engine caused the back end (with the propeller) to stick up out of the water. D'oh.

The hosts are kind of annoying. If they'd stick to showing what the teams are doing, and stop trying to be funny with bad lines and shoddy acting...
Old 11-28-2001 | 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I remember watching one where some Mexican dudes that wokred with cars beat some guys from NASA. I was like "Hell yeah, go Mexicans!"