Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Jobs??? Careers???

Old 12-06-2001 | 03:12 PM

Default Jobs??? Careers???

Hey just curious about what types of professions everybody here at Team SR have??? Is it what you imagined you would be doing when you graduated high school(thats if you have graduated already)???

Me, I just started a new job four months ago. I work at a manufacturing factory where we make parts for diff cars such as Mercedes, Toyota, Saturn, Chevy S-10, and a couple others. Its definately not what I expected or wanted to be doing when I graduated. I gave college a try( full ride to one of the best schools in Ohio), but just got tired of school!!! But I am still young so I will give college another try here soon.
Old 12-06-2001 | 03:50 PM

This is an easy one. Many people would die if it weren't for me. I work in a factory where we produce suture needles. That means the little needles that doctors sew people up with. Man those babies are sharp. I never saw myself working in this job. Oh I also work part time with my performance dealership Lehigh Valley Motorsports. I hope we make it real big soon.
Old 12-06-2001 | 04:16 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

- Professional Man Whore
- Profesional Surfer
- Professional Vehicle Modifier
- Database Administrator and Senior Web Designer for a company that runs all the Honda/Bmw/Mercedes dealerships in the area

I have a Bachelors Degree in Music Production. I spin at 2 clubs on the weekens when I have time, and I have my own full decked out home studio. Out of everything I do....music is my one true love. The modifying, the surfing, the computer stuff....all major hobbies. Nothing compares to what it's like to create your own music from scratch. wink.gif
Old 12-06-2001 | 04:30 PM

That sounds really cool Low&Show. Have you ever came out with any songs or anything???
Old 12-06-2001 | 04:54 PM

Well I work for an Electrical Engineer firm that Engineer's/R&D's/Build Electric Motor traction Drives. We even have a "race" car that runs off our drives. It look like an indy car. I'll post a pic once i scan the photo. Now onto my job tasks:

Lone Ranger Network Admin. (39 nodes, 4 servers)
DBA Software Admin.
Web Design/Flash/Swish
Document Imaging
System builds
Back-up AutoCAD draftsmen
Inventory Control
Create all Company publications: Business cards/brochures/flyers/show banners...bla bla bla

Basicaly I'm the goto man. If you need it done..come to me. And mostly all @ once. You guys should see my office..I have my Phaser 750DP, 7 pc's, brochures, booklets, training manuals, PO's, RFQ, BOM's.....I dont even have time @ work to organize my own office...that gets done on Saturdays..(if i go in)
Old 12-06-2001 | 10:17 PM

Originally posted by 2000Lo&ShowTibby:
Nothing compares to what it's like to create your own music from scratch.

LMAO! HA HA! Get it? He spins at clubs...and makes music "from scratch!" Wikka-wikka! Oh, fine. Don't get it. I don't care.

I'm not doing exactly what I had in mind when I started college, but I'm certainly happy with it all. I graduated college with a BA in music and a BA in computer science. I'm at Lockheed Martin, working on a contract to build F-16s for the UAE. The stuff I do is a blast (for me) to do, but would bore the tar out of most of you if I tried to explain it all. It's basically your typical office-cubicle desk job. The other new-hires and I all sit around and make reference to Office Space and the Radiohead song Fitter / Happier. Most of the best stuff I learned in college I learned from my summer internships. Also while in college, I played in a few different bands. I kinda miss that aspect of my life...but it can be a real bitch when you have a gig that starts at 11:30pm, and you've been awake since 5:00am.
Old 12-06-2001 | 11:26 PM

Network Support Administrator and Web Design, I has started learning html while building my company's web site.

I love music and if I had time, I would start djying as well, but right now, I can only enjoy it.
Old 12-07-2001 | 12:29 AM

Sr. Network Administrator for a small advertising company here in Dallas. I like working in a company that is not related to my field of expertise. Much better than working at MS, although free drinks rule.
Old 12-07-2001 | 12:35 AM

I'm a building inspector. Not what I thought I'd be doing when I was in school but I wouldn't want to do anything else! I get to see some pretty crazy stuff!
Old 12-07-2001 | 12:36 AM

I have a bach. degree in computer sciences..........

but I work as a supervisor for Cingular Wireless, running 3 locations.