Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

"ive Been Scammed" Help

Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

well. it's been 9 months already and I"m still f***ing pissed on a junkyard scam that I fell for.

-What happened is that I needed a Rear wheel spindle, because I f***ed up the threads while changing the wheel bearing.. I searched up online junkyards on the internet and one guy in New York has a company called "Four star recyclery". I ordered the part from him for $90 bucks.

-1 week later I get a box from some Junkyard in Minnesota. I opened it up and it was the wrong part. I paid another $40 of my own money to send it back.

-I haven't heard from them in a while so I decided to call them. The folks in Minnesota told me that there is no markings on the part, (the mark resembles that the part is theres).

-I asked the guy in Minnesota how much the part was, he replied $30.

-I called the guy back in New York and I noticed that there is not such thing as "four star recyclery". I asked him why he charged me $90 for a $30 part.. he kept on saying excuses....

- I told both of them I never even touched the part, and they can call the police to see if my finger prints are there.

-They repeated 15 times.. There's no markings.. we can't help you *click*

I asked several people, but i never got any help..w hat would you guys do?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

you contact faiths used parts service and get your parts from a reputible member of the site.... owned.gif

your screwed mang they aint gonna help you at all
Old 05-16-2006, 08:11 PM

most you can do is file something with the BBB... but in reality, it is their word against yours. What you should have done was contact a local yard and see if they either had a spindle or could get one. Most yards are part of a nationwide network now, so a part for them is a couple of computer keys away.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:45 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

well if you can gather enough evideince then you can get him but if you can't sorry man... can't do nothing about it...
Old 05-16-2006, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Contact the BBB, that's bullshit. Obviously the Minnesota yard is calling themselves four star recyclery from NY and is doing this to people. Search google, there's got to be other people in the same situation, you need to contact them, if you have enough people you can take them down. It's gonna take some effort though..good luck
Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

how'd you pay, if it's by cc your covered. call em up and say you shipped it back and they never refunded your money. problem solved. (works with visa anyways, not sure mastercards policy)