Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Insomniac Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go to University of MD Baltimore County. It's my 1st year, but because of the AP classes and night school at community college durring HS I'm already a sophomore.

I took gen chem1 and 2 at community college, but want to take it at real university because that's what pharmacy school wants to see. Same thing with calc. I'm retaking it simply because it looks better.
So far I liked all of my classes except BIO, we had to memorize the book to pass the test, and I didn't... so I'm retaking it next semester.

I love chemistry, any math, and any science class, as long as I don't have to write any papers, or read 150pg a week.

QUOTE (alex01tib)
what University are you at? What Year? having fun in gen 1?, every other major says its the worst course they have to take but i loved it, thats why were chem majors though. Whats your worst course youve had to take so far? Mine was Calculus, not because of the material but because the friggin professor was monotone and went too far into the background of the origin of the formulas for calculus that we used and he liked to tell CALCULUS JOKES!! nobody could understand why it was supposed to be funny...GOD, im getting pissed just writing about it!

600 posts is like turning 20!!! there is no payoff!!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:04 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah after my first semester i was like <5 credits from being a sophmore from college courses i took while in highschool, similar to AP but actually taught by professors at the college closest to my school via distance learning, we saw her on a tv and she saw us. we could talk to her and everything; very cool experiance. if i would have only taken AP english like i was going to i would have been a sophmore this semester. oh well

My next worst class is bio lab, GRRR. we just look at slides all day and draw them. but the bad part is that we get quizzed on the material that is to be on the lab that week. were supposed to read ahead to get this information but the catch is.. there is like 10 pages of information we are responsible to know by heart, every week. then he will ask us 5 questions that only covers a hairline fraction of what we read. sometimes you get lucky and you picked the right thing to study, sometimes you dont. recently he found out that some students are cheating, and then he wonders why. because you have to be a genius+ study 4 hours for one little quiz every week!! and its only one credit hour like usual for labs. AND for the practicals we are responsible for ALL of the material covered in the previous labs, the questions will be just as hard and in detail even though you havent done it in "X" weeks. The best you can possibly do in that class without cheating is like a B, stupid. Ill stop ranting now... sorry

<--- ME!!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:32 PM

I feel ya, same thing in my bio class.

Oh I just remembered, my psychology last semester.... it was bad too... class was very interesting, but tests were made out of professor's ass... each test was on 80-90pgs and he asked the randomest question out of those 90 pages.... impossible to remember them all!
Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, I figured I would join in... Last day before spring break and of course a paper is due... go figure. Atleist its a Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow tongue.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 09:17 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there

QUOTE (Casper)
Well, I figured I would join in... Last day before spring break and of course a paper is due... go figure. Atleist its a Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow tongue.gif

Yeah too bad I am at work and have to work unitl 0630 and then have an open ranks at 0700 to about 1200, geez this is total BULLSHAT. I not even supposed to be working, weekend duty is supposed to catch all the weekend planes, right? This so totally great I have to run home before open ranks iron my uniform and shave just so I don't get b****ed at because I look like crap even though I worked all night. OK enough about work, So how about the race who's gonna win?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

well i'm finally goin to bed. was up playin poker online.... won $45. smile.gif

poker kicks ass

poker.gif
Old 03-17-2005, 01:00 AM

Yet again we are gathered here on the great and almighty graveyard shift to wither our social lives away until there is nothing left.

EDIT: Freakin Sweet My post count is at 666, hellz yeah.
[/size]
[size=4]EDIT: Well It was smartass.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:17 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

Funny how its late night/ early morning for you guys... and Imjust coming into to dayshift. 02.gif

700! Finally! and SUPERCHARGER LOL
Old 03-17-2005, 01:22 AM

So how is england man?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:35 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

I love it here! 40,000 times better than Cannon! Off base, I can drive 15 minutes and get to three really good clubs, or 25 minutes and and be able to shop for just about anything I could want!
The people are really nice (once you get away from base).

Plus, theres LOTS of Hyundais around! laugh.gif: