Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Im Back

Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, been a long time since i've been on RDT, how's everybody doing?

in case few of you were wondering, i haven't been online in such long time (maybe dropped in couple times to see whats new, but not long enough to post anything) well i broke up with that josh guy july 2008, moved back to my mom's house (it's literally a full house, 6 people living in here)

yes there is internet here, but i hardly ever get to go online cuz the computers are all hogged at all times, but just recently my best friend really wanted to get her husband an xbox 360 for his birthday, so i went and bought one for her, and in exchange she gave me her laptop (great deal too! wink1.gif ) ... my birthday gift to her husband was "congratulation man, now your life is officially over" cuz he just turned 21 lmao

updates on my car: HORRIBLE lolz ok not that bad! but y'all remember a lambo door got installed on my driver's door? well over the time things just turned to crap one after another.

-around october, the driver side tailight keeps going out (caused me quite a bit of getting pulled over grrr) then i found out that when i drive over a bad pothole or huge bump, the taillight'll go out, then i gotta go into my hatch get into there, tuck the relay box in and the light'll come back on, so i've been careful to not drive over anything of the like so that dang taillight dont go out while im driving

-at one point in december, the driver's lowbeam quit working, replaced new bulb, still didnt work, tried switching light bulbs from other side, still no go. later on, when i have only passenger low beam on, it's tilted so down onto the road i cant see the road at all, so i kept my high beams on. well i kept getting pulled over for it and eventually unplugged the passenger low beam and just kept the high beams going

-later on into may my windows wont go down anymore, both sides, tried the fuse, still didnt work, same with my radio (at night with lights on, the buttons lights up but wont turn radio on or nothing and i'm sick of driving in silence) yes i even tried pushing the Windows Lock button so many times nothing worked!

-not too long ago, oh i'd say about 4 weeks ago, i got off work, very nice outside, not raining, beautiful bright stars out, i started my car, before i know it, my passenger high beam is out, went under the hood to check it out, got frustrated, and before i know it, the other high beam went out as well. i was cussing and swearing my head off so loud in the parking lot i'm surprised i didnt get reported or fired lolz.
so at that point i had to get a ride home due to NO lights working in the front of my car 02.gif next day went to oreilleys bought brand 4 brand new lightb bulbs to replace it all. nothing worked, i cried, literally i had tears coming out of my eyes. a week later (yes my car was sitting in work parking lot for like a week) my brother and dad came drop me off and my dad took my car home in the day light (i work 3 - 11 pm, so it's bright out at start and dark at end)
my brother (who is a car mechanic, he's worked on quite a few cars and what he likes to do is buy good-for-nothing crap cars, fix em up like new and sell em. couple to my co-workers who are very satisfied with their cars they bought from him) looked into my lights replaced the bulbs, and still nothing worked that he told me i need to buy new headlight lamp assembly i'm like great.....
then something very strange happend, 2 weekends ago me and my friends went out to a cabin, got there at daylight, but then we had to go somewhere like an hour away and it was almost dark before we left, i started my car, and was VERY shocked to see what happened next. the driver's low beam light came on .... it never worked before, not even with new bulbs or nothing! up until today it's still working that one lil light but the highbeams and passenger low still dont work.

we all figured it out. it's that damn ex of mine who installed the lambo door last year that really screwed things up!! we took a closer look inside the door where the lambo kit was installed, the wires from car to the door are, well way too streched out.
sigh, having gone almost a year with something electrical going out on me one at a time has been ... really embarrasing for me. i'm not kiddin alot people in my hometown really adores my car, and we're both (by both i literally mean me and my car) so popular in Princeton. VIVACAS (name of my car now, because she's vibracious, bright in color, really stands out in my town) has a reputation to live up to here, and i'm just really grateful to have finally figured out what's wrong with my car before i ended up wasting away more of my money to repair shops just to see whats wrong and get 'er fixed. haha

been a crazy year for my tibby, and for me too lolz
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wow, I can't believe I read all that.

Welcome back.

Hopefully your brother can get the electrical problem sorted out. With the taillights, see if you can determine which wire is loose, and if possible, tape it to the back of the housing so it doesn't pull in/out when you go over a bump.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Me too, welcome back though!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

That is many an issue.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I couldn't read it all. Not that it wasn't typed well I just don't have that kind of attention span LOL nana.gif

Welcome back!!! dancing.gif
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon 5spd

Well, welcome back, hopefully the wiring fix isn't too hard.

Oh yeah, hi, I'm Jmans.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:20 PM

:-D haha thanks for the warm welcome everybody

yea i didn't expect everybody to read it all, but hey i can be quite the over-informatist lmao.gif it's been so long i almost forgot how to navigate my way around RDT haha, plus i see some new things around here like the arcade and video thread hmmm making it more homely around here are you guys heehee
Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

WELCOME BACK! i wondered where you went....i cant believe u n the dude broke up but hey thats life....i ended up getting married lol...anyhow email me!!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Welcome back, nice to see more females on the board again.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 AM

QUOTE (alli.s007 @ Sep 17 2009, 10:21 PM)
WELCOME BACK! i wondered where you went....i cant believe u n the dude broke up but hey thats life....i ended up getting married lol...anyhow email me!!

haha yea that's life, true dat true dat. however you're still my bridesmaid in the future wink1.gif lolz

(in response to Frozen) yea you'd like that wouldntcha? lolz what guy wouldn't ?