Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I'm Back!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Jed118 @ Aug 11 2008, 10:10 PM)
Right. They failed. That's why we're all here, enjoying bland styling that looks like a bit of camry here, a bit of accord there, dare I say some GM (malibu to be specific) thrown in there for good measure...

Old Hyundais: Precursors to new ones. Look at that one in the pic, someone will be enjoying that car's reliability for a decade to come... they'd have to get some taillamps for it if anyone behind them wants to see any other colour other than white for instance... wear and tear!

You especially shall remain silent, proudly boasting your domestic crap on an RD tiburon forum. True, I don't have one either, but a member of my now immediate family does. Making me the victor. In all aspects. Forever. nana.gif

The argument that Koreans won't drive them anymore is weak. Shit, even in Poland, any car older than 10+ years is discarded as a heap. Our own national product was destroyed by GM and reincarnated into nothing better than Daewoo-rebadged Vauxhauls.

Trust me.

The Pony is coming back.

Hard.

They did fail. They didn't make anywhere near the sales that were needed, the only reason "WE" are here is that Hyundai had many, and still has many, MANY other profitable divisions. They make ships, tanks, containers, electronics, and have for a LONG time.

As for reliable, you'd be the only person thta I've ever met that would say the Pony is "reliable". Most others that have owned them have said they are "crap".

And telling SOCKS to be quiet isn't your place, he at least ATTEMPTS to be beneficial to this site, while you do nothing but rabblerouse and talk shit about Americans. YOU drive a Pony, and brag about it, which makes YOU a failure, forever.

I on the other hand, have been to Korea, 2 times. The RD series tiburons and Elantras are mostly seen as crap over there, cars for the poor. The argument is not "weak" if it's true. You haven't been there, have you? No. Do you daily talk to folks over there? No.

Do you try to get parts imported for these older cars and constantly get told no? No.

Instead, you drive an even SHITTIER car, that was given up even EARLIER on by the world, and try to make yourself sound better.

Please. The Pony IS coming back, back to a car crusher near you.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

And telling SOCKS to be quiet isn't your place, he at least ATTEMPTS to be beneficial to this site, while you do nothing but rabblerouse and talk shit about Americans. YOU drive a Pony, and brag about it, which makes YOU a failure, forever.

heyyy... its been a long time since i have caused any trouble on here. i have helped a good amount of people in the past month or two, with NO drama.. i know you don't like me and all, but i would consider myself a bit beneficial here, ask some of the people i have helped.

Please. The Pony IS coming back, back to a car crusher near you.

ROFL ^^^

and yeah i own a domestic.. O NOES.. but i still stick around to help people on here, and i still will always be a fan of the tib.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Reread what I just wrote Nate, I stated such. LOL
Old 08-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned

meh.. ATTEMPTS in all caps, coming from you could mean useless tool that tries to help lmao.gif lmao.gif like somebody, minus the trying to help
Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

Perhaps then, Redz, you should be in the business of Quality Control, since you seem so well-versed in the subject (and apparently a globe-trotter as well) instead of coming off as an arrogant prick who can't see a wider spectrum beyond the thickness of his nose.

I ALWAYS get flack from Americans about this and many other subjects. I've been to many places around this world, know many others from far away places, and, you know, generally BROADEN my horizons. Coupled with my quick ability to make friends and yes, impose views, or rather "persuade" people to see it my way has sharpened my skills even further: an understanding is formed.

But not with (most) Americans. It just doesn't work. There's something "different" about the mass mentality of that country. I'm not gonna cite examples, someone will surely take offence to that and try to sue me.

In any case, using the example of Hyundai's other shipbuilding, HHI and semiconductor divisions to perpetuate cars into new markets as "backing" is simply ridiculous: What does building a nuclear reactor or a microwave oven have to do with cars? Does anyone remember how Mitsubishi got into the market? Through Chrysler. How did Hyundai get in? Aggressive marketing (also tooling from Ford, for which it made KD cars since the 60's, Italian design, Japanese driveline, and in certain cases, Porche brakes)

You could get a new Pony for $6,000 (1984 dollars). In 1984, it was deemed 5,000 units would be sufficient: By 1985, 10x that were sold. This continued until 1987, where indeed the tired K-car (using a slightly bigger Astron Mitsu engine and driveline) outsold it.

Your argument that it's "crap" is definitely weak. 80% of the people that talk to me about the Pony sing it's praises. Indeed, it got my family through a rough time as immigrants when we could not afford a Ford (Ironically my first car) with flying colors.

It seems to me that everything that's made now is just perfect and will never break: There's nothing new under the sun, except JD power's "initial quality" prize... even they know things degenerate over time.

It's OK though, I've not taken any of this to heart, simply because I just know better.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've a 87 Stellar2 axle to take out, swap to discs, and put the whole mess into my shitty pony, so it can handle even worse. lmao.gif
Old 08-12-2008, 12:20 PM

Woah, personal attacks? I'm an arrogant prick because I can read and tell the truth? One more my man, and you will be warned.

You always get flack from Americans because you always attack us. You are making no "understandings" here, you are just showing that you are a rabblerouser. If jed isn't in trouble, no one is happy. How many times have you been banned from HP?

Hmm?

My point is proven with this statement right here. Of the Pony's sold, how many are still on the road? How many pony enthusiast sites are there? Well?

Exactly. 80% of the people that TALK TO YOU about the Pony sing it's praises. I'm sure they do. if someone is a Pony lover and meets another, of course they are going to sing it's praises. The fact that 20% of the folks that TALK TO YOU about the pony don't sing it's praises is even funnier.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^so it wasn't the mustang or beetle icon of the 60's, but again 90% of the world other than america wasn't exactly rich. don't forget bro, americas riches are there for a reason. me and jed know something sneaky about the business and politic of this country i would be able to look him in the eye and he'd know exactly. again you're not taking into account the rest of the world. sh*tty at those times in america would have been luxury in the rest of the planet.

i can say that when we talk about americans, it's not in a dishonorable way, it's just factual. everyone is used to having big luxury things with everything paved for them. their expectations are a lot higher. big cars, big gas, big spending. it is split off from the rest of the world. you should know that just from looking out of an airplane window. so when we talk about markets, america is one within itself. that's why we have Genesis and beer bellies.

this is just a discussion. hyundai is a venn diagram and i'm just trying to discover why none of us are in the middle. that is all. otherwise you all are very helpful and beneficial, no question about that. i think you are all fantastic people.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

I don't know how many times I've been banned. I do what I do because that is my character, and that is how I (mostly) succeed.

Old Japanese Car

It's mostly a british site, they have a lot of cool cars on there. There's about 4-5 of them that have Pony's, and a lot of them that have had Pony's or cars using their drivelines. Guess what, no complaints.

This one is particularily cool, buddy has an MK1 and an MK2!

Anyways, this discussion has totally derailed, and caused a few localized fires. I will part with a thought (and perhaps some insight into my motives): I don't tolerate ignorance, and have little patience for blatant stupidity.

Call it a personal attack if you want, however, it's just teh internets.

I got real things to take care of, such as how I'm gonna figure out this multilink axle to work within a Pony's chassis (that's using leaf springs... :X) so as to provide superior handling, wider stance, and most importantly, bragging rights.

Peace.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Okay, easily enough solved Jedster.

DO NOT post here on RDT again unless it is technical, and in the right forums. If you wanna post about your Ponies, post in the Other Vehicles section, and keep it on topic. Any further threads by you in OT will be deleted outright, any further rabblerousing or American bashing will be made invisible and you will be warned immediately, adding to your %. You are already at 45%.

You've just created a new class of member here called "useless annoyance", and you are the only one in it.

Your next forum ban will be to not allow you to post at all unless it is reviewed first, and if it's not about the RD Tiburon, it won't be approved.