Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

If you are new here and came from Facebook.....

Old 01-04-2016 | 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default If you are new here and came from Facebook.....

Welcome to where the legitimate information resides!

Lately, I've been spending some time on the Tiburon Facebook pages. On one hand, it seems as though that's where everyone has migrated in the past few years since there's more people posting there than all the message boards combined. Even though it's been discussed, and easily accesible, I'm still not sure why this is the case.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I just don't know how to describe it all.... The amount of bullshit mis-information coming from a mass of uncontrolled rampant kids. Most of them driving around in near stock Tiburons with ebay parts, giving advice on turbocharging like they're Corky Bell.

Then there's the uncontrolled mocking of one another...
Old 01-04-2016 | 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Originally Posted by JonGTR
Welcome to where the legitimate information resides!

lol

Well Facebook groups are probably more popular because it's basically a one stop shop. A lot of people already have an account and searching to find groups can be as simple as scrolling down your timeline and seeing "Suggested Groups". Plus it seems like you can get quicker answers there than on the Forums, although I'd attribute that to a decrease in forum activity to begin with.

The "Hyundai Tiburon Owners" group is pretty bad about misinformation and the generic kid trying to troll everyone. The majority of members owning GK's so most are pretty quick to judge the RD owners.

I find the "RD Sharks" Group to be a better fit for people wanting to talk about RDs (Obviously.) Several guys sharing their builds, Others dropping knowledge on other country factory options. The people seem nicer in general. Sure their are the occasional Autozone Special RD's posted there. But people seem more willing to help in RD Sharks. A lot of people there don't claim to know something they don't, and they seem more willing to learn, especially when they get something wrong.

I'm not sure about any other groups those are the only 2 I'm a part of.
Old 01-04-2016 | 02:58 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by JonGTR
Then there's the uncontrolled mocking of one another...

Unless they REALLY deserve it. Case in point:

talking shit 1.png

Told not to do it by several people with years of experience in the hobby. Given numerous reasons why it's a terrible waste of time and money. All of which he combated with vulgarity and pomp.

Just days later:

talking shit 2.png

Sorry Not sorry! You deserve the public embarrassment.
Old 01-04-2016 | 03:04 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Old 01-04-2016 | 03:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Old 01-16-2016 | 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

^^ That pretty much sums up the entire FB car scene these days^^., it's like Junior High all over again!