Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

If you could design your perfect car, what special/odd features would it have?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Red Tib
Default If you could design your perfect car, what special/odd features would it have?

- AWD with launch control
- Adjustable race coil overs that can be adjusted for street, drag, and auto-x
- Stiff motor mounts
- Adjustable sway bars
- Good gear ratio for 4th, 5th, and 6th gears
- Ability to change ALL of the interior lighting colors with a switch to multiple colors (think of the old Indiglow gauges that had this feature)
- Already come with a really good I/H/E option so you dont have to worry about buying those parts afterwards (every car now-a-days has either a crappy intake box or restricted exhaust)
Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I would definatley have the 6th gear function as an "overdrive" where it would be at about 2000 RPM at 70mph.

I would want a customizable computer built in with a "reflash" button to put it back to stock. The computer would normally function as the radio and have USB ports in the rear.

I would want it to have a large engine bay with adjustable motor mounts.

I would want it to have open wheel wells so that lowering the vehicle would be no problem.

The car should look high tech and RD2ish, for some reason the RD2 will look futuristic even 10 years from now. Aerodynamics are a must.

Optionally, the skin of the car could be made of a rip-proof fabric which would make "repainting" a breeze

Doors from a RX8, with the rears being suicide.

Frameless windows, T-top and roll bar.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

AWD/traction control right around 350 whp on a 3500lb. chassis.

6 sp. gearbox with first gear able to get to 35 to 40 mph at 4k

probably would have to be a 6cyl. with the ability to still get 35 mph hwy (shut down two cylinders at a certain rpm in 6 gear. mid engine also for better weight percentages on all four corners.

paddle shift with brake control on the steering wheel. the paddles would be nice so i don't have a gearshift getting in the way of stereo conrols

adjusatble foot controls and seat so anyone from say 5ft. to 6'6" can sit comfortable with tilt and telescoping steering wheel.

rear seats that are able to be disguised so it looks like a two seater until needed. yet not jumpseats, still comfy.

would be 100% digital media only (sorry cd guys) with a 1TB internal hard drive that i can download music on the fly while in the car.

genesis seats, damn they are comfy,lol.

all for 25k...good luck on that.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Manual steering.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:11 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Lee, CDs are the original digital media. They are the most popular media for music with i*** catching up behind them.

Also, why would you want first gear to function like a drive gear? That would ruin the getup and go.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

- Mid-engine R26B-tt dry sump
- GETRAG Powershift 7DCL750 (Regeared to: 4.525, 2.811, 1.734, 1.311, 1.050, 0.863, 0.756 :: F=3.525)
- carbon fiber monocoque
- 50/50 weight
- 50/50 AWD
- ITX based center console w/ 8" touch screen, full engine management integrated
- Sterling/Nova lift type door (that just looks sick!)
- 2 custom CF racing seats and 5-point harness
- NO BACK SEATS
- a small sticker over the gas cap that says "use 2-stroke seal blood/dolphin brains only"
Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (DTN @ Aug 21 2010, 07:11 AM)
Lee, CDs are the original digital media. They are the most popular media for music with i*** catching up behind them.

Also, why would you want first gear to function like a drive gear? That would ruin the getup and go.

even though i have a ipod and cd's to me anymore they are more of a hinderance. the ipod per say isn't other than you have to hook it up to the car but fumbling for cd's while driving to me is stupid. anymore i am try to find more and more ways of enjoying technology (cell phones, mp3 players) with trying to keep my focus on the road. nothing more pisses me off when i have someone in front of me not paying attention to the road cause they have a cell phone stuck in their ear.

the gearing they way i want it i think wouldn't be a hassle if done right. most of the import guys i know that do the 1/4 launch in 2nd because their first gear it too tight. that is the only reason. not that i want to get into drag racing i would just like to have the beginning gear not be so harsh is all.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 AM

Vehicle: '97 X3

twin charged compact v6/v8 mid engined (turbo + supercharged)
awd with launch control
coupe shape, obligatory useless rear seats...therefore taken out
roll cage
ohlins shocks
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

A missile launcher that pops up out of the hood(or fenders).

I have HID's in a small CountryVille section of Ohio, and HID's are not a common thing around here... So every time someone approaches me, they turn on their brights and attempt to blind me. I then light them up with the HID's + the brights.

Not exactly a performance related feature, but would take care of my "problems".(Also one that comes out the back to get the biatches that I miss.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5sOCEUpGZI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5sOCEUpGZI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>