Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I won 3rd place trophy at Import Expo!!!!!

Old 09-24-2001 | 03:34 PM

Default I won 3rd place trophy at Import Expo!!!!!

I couldn't believe it, I actually won a trophy for the "Other Imports" class. I was running against Sub's WRXs and other car manufacturers. One of the WRX got second, and I forgot who recieved first. My first time at an Import show and I ended up with a trophy. I didn't expect to win anything just wanted to let the import enthusiats know that you can hook up a KDM ride. I had stock rims, didn't do **** to the engine or let alone clean it, didn't do jack to the interior but I guess the kit and little bit of exterior modifications caught alot of attention. Everyone was asking about my ride, most asked questioned by white folks were, "what type of integra is that" or "what model of Toyota is this car." I took off the Hyundai emblem from the rear so there was no telling what company my ride was unless you knew about Hyundai Motors.

I won through Team ASAA, and things were so hectic and crazy that I forgot to bring along the SR catelogs for people to look at. But I advertised the team and SR, so it wasn't at lost. One guy from this after market company wanted to copy my kit for other cars and saying that he would put me in a mag, but my boss, Team ASAA Racing owner, told him we didn't need all that. But another mag wants to do an article about our shop, crew, and team so you'll hopefully see my ride in a mag real soon.

Another thing, didn't Sam or Brad said that if any of our rides win or get to be in a mag that we get free products or big-ass discounts on marchandise from SR. I remember reading about it somewhere. Just wanted to brag on my luck at the Import Expo, I was the only Tiburon out of the two Hyundais there, the other was a black 2001 Accent with nice graphics on the side, but he didn't win against me. +)
Old 09-24-2001 | 03:40 PM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Way to go man!! Maybe we'll meet up at the World Import Challenge in March.
Old 09-24-2001 | 03:44 PM

I'll be definitely be there represent Team ASAA Racing and TSR. By the way are planning on putting your ride in the show?
Old 09-25-2001 | 02:38 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Yeah I was already entered in the last show. When it was canceled do to the flood. sad.gif But I'm looking forward to march to reshow.
Old 09-25-2001 | 04:44 AM

Congrats on your win wink.gif
Old 09-25-2001 | 06:38 AM

Originally posted by KoreanShark:
I'll be definitely be there represent Team ASAA Racing

whats the website for ASSAA RACING
Old 09-25-2001 | 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Congrats dude. Any pics of your ride? E-mail them to me and I will throw them up on the server ( mailto:random00@mindspring.comrandom00@mindspring.com )

Send an e-mail to Yamaneko about the win, and he should hook you up.