Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I think I have an idea...

Old 08-10-2001, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S
Default I think I have an idea...

I don't like things unfinished. So I'm just going to buy parts until I have enough to not look incomplete, then get them put on all at once. I hate seeing one part of a kit, or just altezzas, you know what I'm talking about? Am I crazy or is this a decent idea?
Old 08-10-2001, 07:21 AM

Why not save your money until you can buy all the parts that you need? The money at least earns interest, nad the parts may get cheaper in the future.

I don't like having things around that I can't use yet until I get something else. I like ot be able to go out and do everything in one fell swoop, then put the thing into production.

-- This from the guy who has an engine sitting in the shed waiting to get finished. But I don't need (many) parts for it, mostly I'm waiting to have the TIME to finish building, and getting parts machined, etc. And even that annoys me!
Old 08-10-2001, 08:55 AM

It's not bad to just have altezzas and clear corners on. But as for the body kit, I would wait to get the whole thing
Old 08-12-2001, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Dan:
Why not save your money until you can buy all the parts that you need? The money at least earns interest, nad the parts may get cheaper in the future.

One downside to this...the Hyundai aftermarket still seems pretty shaky. Parts offered for us come and go with little warning. At least in terms of performance upgrades, I agree with JVX's method of buying when you can, even if you don't have the means to put it on just yet. If you've got your plan worked out, you know what you'll need.