Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I See Some People Value A Photos Here...

Old 07-29-2005 | 08:33 PM

my camera is a usual canon a80...
so, i don't really have larger shots.
Old 07-29-2005 | 11:29 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I really appreciate making photographs. If I had a nice camera/darkroom/tri-pod I woudl spend all day making photos.

But unfortunetely I don't but still find the time to appreciate beauty in life ...even if it is with my crappy 1.3 mega pixel wal-mart digicam (which btw just broke in two)...

Here's some of my recent trip to Arizona:
that's Mt. rainer in Washington

this is in Ocean Shores, Washington. I went there a couple weekends ago and actually climbed that cliff seen here, barefoot. There are little caves dug out into the cliff-side near the top and have a really beautiful view of the ocean especially at sunset. But, man was that scary coming down, lol.
Old 07-30-2005 | 01:01 AM

Here's a picture I particurlaly like that I took while I was at Denis shop (AtelierHP):

Old 07-30-2005 | 12:06 PM

QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Jul 29 2005, 08:12 PM)
I think Digital camera's is cheating.. I use Film.

There are a million advantages to using digital. I just cant understand why you would think that, but then again your a Korean Redneck and im not. joke.gif
Old 07-30-2005 | 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

A couple new pictures I took...

My cat Sniper loves to sleep in boxes. This is a box that 97Tibby sent my radio surround in, now it is my cats favorite bedding area.

This is Tye, our Pitbull. She is pooped after a the birthday party for my 5 and 7 year old. I figured Phorq would like this one... wink1.gif
Old 07-30-2005 | 12:36 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I understand completely.

There is a certain beauty and satisfaction in "creating" a photograph yourself, using not only camera techniques but film choice (iso, b&w or color, etc.) and darkroom special effects. Actually, I just learned some very fun darkrrom special effects such as solorization (exposing the half-way developing image to light for a milli-second) and reverse printing (mirror images) and many many more. Whatever you're imagination can think up really. I even soaked on of my fiber prints in coffee to stain the entire picture a certain color. Looks great.

Film is th eoriginal and old fashioned way to do it. Takes time and patience. It is sort of cheating to use a computer to edit any mistakes you made and then perfect the picture. But many photogrophers have switched to digital. I don't blame portrait photographers, I can't see why one WOULD stick to film...
Old 07-30-2005 | 12:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Anything you can do in a darkroom Photoshop can do better tongue.gif
Great photos.
Old 07-30-2005 | 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Darkroom effects are alot of fun. I took photography in 11th and 12th grade and was hoping to be able to afford darkroom equipment when I got older. But, a computer takes up less space. cool.gif
Old 07-30-2005 | 12:47 PM

These are in my opinion some of my better photos:

My 3 or 4 best pictures were taken on a 35mm, so i need to scan them sometime, but here are the rest of my "better" photos:

My photo collection

Patreezy - I started out with normal 35mm film and an SLR camera. I can understand what you mean about how fun it is to take pic, develope and print. Also, i can see what you mean about fixing mistakes on a computer. However, not one of my pictures i posted is "fixed" or "touched-up". Yes i do some fun things with my digi pics, but if it is a picture that i am going to take pride in, i would feel like Iv "cheated" if i were to doctor it up. So i can see what you guys are saying, but when it comes down to it, i will never ever fix a mistake on the computer and then say that i took the picture just how your seeing it.
Old 07-30-2005 | 03:07 PM

Check for the link below, you can view really nice shots from MAldives :