Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Might Be Crazy But I Want A Camaro!

Old 06-17-2005, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

let's not go into real muscle cars here folks LOL... they're fast and raw, but the gas meter has an anvil tied to it!

OP, we're still gonna be friends!!
Old 06-17-2005, 12:20 AM

I'm not going anywhere and still gonna be the same OP as you all know smile.gif

I already called a few people to look for a car for me and going to see 2000 z28 tomorrow in DE.

What are your friends saying? I can take off a few things in case they don't have enough money to get my car the way it is.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:06 AM

good luck with it! I would do the same thing if i were you but im more into the late 80's early 90's f-body cars. i was thinking about selling my tiburon about a month ago for 89-93 camaro(irco-z) trans am GTI, or 5.0 mustang but my mom was completely set against it because she couldnt understand selling a car and buyin one 10 years older. that and i have a season called winter lol. my heart belongs to the muscle car world but i make do with whatever car i have at the time and right now its the tib. good luck and post picks!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

man i would love to have a ws6 firebird
ive been wantin one for a long time
people talk about handlin prob have never driven a f body before those things handle awesome
you can stuff 275s under the fenderwell without any mods
lower it a little put some links on it and connect the subframes and those things handle like a dream

in fact the fastest ive ever gone was in a supercharged, nitrous intercooled, regeared firebird(168 mph on a dakota digital gauge plus or minus a few mph do do calibration stuff)man i miss that car i helped build it (i was a gopher in the project hehe i learned alot from it but i didnt work on the motor suspension componenets mainly)sadly he moved to denver and sold it shortly after so he can buy a house

i say go for it, theres a guy with a camaro here at my work and all he has NA mods and he runs a 13.8(friggin fast here at 6000 feet high) i know another guy here with a sr20 swapped 240 thats completely stripped and runs 16psi run a 13.9 if the camaro had a blower on it it would stomp dam near anythin plus parts are cheaper hehe

again wanted to state talkin about all this makes me really miss my monte carlo
Old 06-17-2005, 01:37 PM

On the handling: my mom's z28 handles like a dream. It's a bit different driving such a BIG car compared to our little Tiburons. I feel like I'm in a space shuttle. Then again, anything that isn't a little Hyundai... I feel like it's a space shuttle. The only other thing I need to get used to is how far the front end goes out, lol.

OP, when/if you go to DE to look at the z28, let me know the specs and mileage and etc. of it. I got this Camaro book for my mom for her birthday with literally... way more than you need to know. And I still can't get in touch with that woman, lol.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ So true... it will take some getting used to. If its anything like my Corvette, looking out the window, you can't really see how long the front end is. So don't go pulling up close to someone when you first drive it, otherwise you might be fixing the front end. wink1.gif
Old 06-17-2005, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

damn dude, this came outta nowhere. Well, don't leave the site for sure cuz your opinions and timeslips will be appreciated.

Whoever you sell the tib to, make sure you give them FlyRyde's number and the URl to this site. I was anxious to see your future carbon fiber creation of a tiburon.....

Hope you get all your money back in the sale price.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:48 PM

Once again thanks for all the great comments and so much support. I honestly thought people would hate me for ditching the tib for a domestic.

Well, I test drove that 2000 z28. It has 37k mi on it, pewter in color, no t tops 02.gif, no leather, but power everything, and has a few mods. Feeling was weird, but nothing that I can't get used to. Over all I liked the car a lot, everything was pretty much just amazing with it. Also, to be honest with you, I was afraid of that car... it just has so much power that I didn't even have to go over 3000rpms or press gas more than 1/4 of a throttle to be pressed into a seat... just wow!

If everything goes well I will be releasing all the details very soon smile.gif

Toxic, is that book for ls1 engine?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

QUOTE (homey14h @ Jun 17 2005, 12:06 PM)
my heart belongs to the muscle car world

that's what it's all about, where does your heart belong.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:20 AM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Got Uni, forget about cars. It's no joke having one and studying at the same time. I'm studying, working and trying to compete at the same time, as well as trying to get industry contacts for the future. It's a nightmare and it's an inverstment in itself, and to pull good enough grades you'll be having a ton of sleepless nights and no social life. Keep your mind on the work you'll need to do; the better you are and the more developed you are when you leave, the better the car you'll be able to purchase when you get your first job[or modify it to kingdom come]

Concentrate on Uni, forget about cars and heep the Hyundai.