Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Might Be Crazy But I Want A Camaro!

Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading opinions on this thread for a couple of days now, for some reason I didn't feel like posting before, but here is what I think:
It's all a matter of personal choices and liking. Personally I love Classic Camaros and in general old american cars, specially the 60's, Chevelle and Pontiac 66 - 67 Chevrolet Impalas, and that kind of cars, and of course I'd love to have a 67 Camaro, but I like them old and classic, I even had an Oldsmobile Delta 88 1967 that my grandpa sold me, but I let it go because it was 4 door and too expensive to keep it running. I don't know about a newer F-Body...
Again, if you feel Oddessit it's what you want and you have been desiring a Camaro and you can afford it, go for it, chances are you will be very happy with your new car. Personally, I like a car that can take turns as fast as it can go on a straight line (well, you know what I mean) and in that case less weight is better, the Camaro is just too heavy for my liking, but then again, drag racing is not about that.
Good luck with your decission.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:23 PM

The Camero is not a bad handling car at all as there were different performance options available which increased power and/or performance (I would check the VIN numbers on any Camero as I didn't know mine was a B4C package until after I bought it), I was fortunate enough to have the 1LE package included on my 3rd generation Camero which gave it a good blend of power and handling. The biggest knock on the cars is realiabilty. The faster you get the car, the more problems you might run into. My Camero was very fast and very powerful with all the modifications it had (I was beating SS Cameros with the crate motor I had installed!!!)but I was only getting 16mph on the highways and 10mph in the city in addition to the 93 octane I had to use which got very expensive!! The top of the line suspension will make the ride very rough and don't forget about the increase in insurance you will almost definatley have. Weight the pros and cons carefully and good luck.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:00 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I say get the Camaro. We don't get them over here but I know the LS1 Chev Motor is a beast as it is used in Holdens over here too.

My brother has a Holden SS Ute that makes around 330hp stock & it's hella quick. If he wanted to he could just do the exhaust & he'd have around 370hp.

You'll never get what you want out of the Tib, if what you want is speed.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:07 AM

Once again thanks for all the support guys!

Handling I hear is not so bad and once it's lowered and has some bars in it handling becomes pretty good, plus RWD will help with those turns pushing the car out of them!

I know all the cons and pros I think and ready to live with them. I know about the insurance and as I said in my first post this car will cost be no more than $1500 a year more than tib, I hope.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Get some free insurance quotes. Best not to run into expensive problems after you buy the car.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:42 PM

somebody brought up the Holden... why not go fishing for a used GTO? The oldest cars are only a couple of years old, they have a more usable interior and trunk... and they have the ability to me a lot more sleeperish than the Camaro. It simply looks like a big coupe, not the powerful V8 powered beastie it is.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:38 PM

QUOTE (hamhead @ Jun 16 2005, 03:38 PM)
^^ Get some free insurance quotes. Best not to run into expensive problems after you buy the car.

Read my first post noob. lol
Already called my company and it will be $670 more a year.

GTOs are above $20,000. Definitely out of my price range!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Haha! I didn't want to bring up the GTO (or Monaro as it's known over here) 'cause you guys got the uglified version of it... The front-end on ours is so much better IMHO. Nice car though!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:58 PM

I can't believe that you are gonna sell the Tib!! I understand where you are coming from though. I did things reverse from you, my first car was a 1975 Pontiac Ventura (still have it) and ended up dropping a 455cu in Olds engine in to it, torque up the whazoo!! But in the last few years I have drove it less and less due to having alot more fun in the Tib and the price of gas getting stupid. Just cruising around for a few hours would cost like $30!!

Getting a Camaro to go fast is just too easy and common for it to attract my interest personally. I bought the Tib in the first place because of it being unique stock nevermind modded. I would take the sweet sound of a hissing turbo and BOV over a V8 anyday!

Anyways it all comes down to do what you want, and what will make you happy, that's all that matters!! I wish you good luck! smile.gif
Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 AM

I know that I'm taking an easy way to go fast, but I'm just tired of dumping more money into a car than it's worth and still having a slow car...

I mean, if I do get tired from my muscle car, I can always resell it for what I paid for it then get a tib, and put the money left into it.