Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Might Be Crazy But I Want A Camaro!

Old 06-15-2005, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

honestly, i don't think you'll let go of your beloved car that easily! lol. then again, you're a speed maniac... and we have talked about this before.

if you are selling your car, my best friend is looking for a 5-speed tiburon and he lives 2 minutes from me and he has about 5-6k to spend, he is a nice guy considering he would take good care of the car and is devoted like me.

...but man, it's your choice. i love these cars for the reasons this thread mentions. are you just speculating or are you for real? and i know you wouldn't leave the forum. but are you sure you want to let go of your babe? 02.gif I can't imagine you driving another car.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:52 AM

02.gif I think I'm for real man. I've had second thoughts about another car for a very long time now, just always put myself back in place because I couldn't afford anything else. Now I think I'm ready.

It would be great if your buddy got the car. That way I would know that it's in good hands and would be able to look at it when I want to.

Check out my FS thread....
Old 06-15-2005, 06:29 PM

I don't know why you guys say you feel like you're laying down. I never do. You can adjust the seats, you know. I mean, in my mom's 02 Z and in one of my friend's 00 TA, it feels fine. You really do feel low to the ground, but you don't feel like you're laying down.

OdessitPashka, I didn't forget about your questions. I just haven't been able to talk to my mom lately. Everyime I'm awake, she's asleep or in work, lol.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the input man. I had exactly the same thoughts for 3 years as I owned hyundais. Someone will be more impressed by a 13 second hyundai than a 13 second camaro, but a 13 second Hyundai will not be reliable enough to support all my daily driving plus a huge disadvantage is the FWD! I know even FWD can be made fast, but for some reason now I'm choosing an easier way of achieving my goals of being fast.

Having a 12 second daily driven fully reliable camaro should bring me a lot of pleasure, I think.

If I don't like the camaro I will sell it and buy another tiburon and with the money left I could turbo it, but for now I need a change. I'm definitely bored with my car.

Toxic, I'm with you with the seats, you can definitely adjust them.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

RWD only has an advantage off the launch. FWD is actually better from a roll. You've been running 2.2s with FWD on street tires with very little overall power. I'm sure some drag slick/street tire hybrids and more power and you can run flat 2s. Although I admit lifting the front-end off the ground with RWD is a cool feeling.

If your going to look for an LS1 Camaro, make sure everything is in good shape. Compression in the motor, body rust, transmission, everything. Plenty of them are beat to hell. I looked at like five gazillion GSXs before I found one that was in good shape that hadn't been launched from every stoplight from here to Virginia Beach.

If you find a good one, I would personally go for one and see how you like the feel of them. They aren't too hard to drop and resell.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Maybe it's just me, but a huge reason I like cars like the tib over older muscle cars is all the accessories. I like to mix luxury with sportiness, imo that's what makes the ultimate car, not just speed or styling. The tib has got all the extras .. ac, cd, good sound, sunroof, leather, and an awesome interior.
it sounds to me like your making this decision based only on power..i know that's not ALL you look for in a car.
anyway, whatever you decide to do, good luck and hope you stick around the forums! smile.gif
Old 06-15-2005, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the advices ham.

Zoned, actually it's the opposite because all my tib has is power windows... while z28 will come with power locks, mirrors, windows, t-tops, leather, cruise control, and the list goes on.

I really like how they look as well. Always liked them, just could never afford it.

I'm not going to leave the forums and hopefully will keep the mod status.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Well, in that case, it looks like the Camaro has got the tib beat..
Faster, looks good, more luxury items, and most of all - you like it!
again..good luck with whatever you decide to do (but if you part the tib I already told you what I want wink1.gif)