Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Might Be Crazy But I Want A Camaro!

Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

As a car with power and for drag racing, I would say you can't beat it. But for around town driving and use, I wouldn't touch it for all the reasons Mad stated. He's right. Go drive one for a while.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Like Mad said, it depends on if you want comfort when your pushing that power. The LS1 is one of the strongest motors out there, tried and true pushed very hard, and still put up with it day in and day out. They are basically bulletproof.

The Camaro, everything around the engine, frankly sucks monkey balls.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So, you went and did all this work on the tib, had all this other stuff planned, and are dumping it?

For a Camero?

How original.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:01 PM

hahahahaha

thats true

Im a complete power nut.. so i dont mind the lack of space or daily driving issues..

For the average person.. i understand how it would be a pain in the ass....
Old 06-14-2005, 05:31 PM

OdessitPashka if you sell your car hit me up i may buy it. I have thought about it and im goin to get RD1 5sp.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jun 14 2005, 04:45 PM)
So, you went and did all this work on the tib, had all this other stuff planned, and are dumping it?

For a Camero?

How original.

man.. i'm gonna have to go with redz on this one. one of my best friends has a camaro but he's an extremely go with the flow/do whats popular kinda guy so it works with him. I got the tib because camaro's, mustang, eclipses, celica's, everything was just too common. I wanted something no one knew what it was and no one had. I love it when people say WOW! what kind of car is that, it's really nice and they never fail to be surprised when i say it's a hyundai. Their always like, I didn't know they made sports cars!

anyways it's your choice, but i can't ever get rid of my tib. laugh.gif
Old 06-14-2005, 10:39 PM

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jun 14 2005, 01:55 PM)
that's cool man, i like the numbers you're giving on them and it does make sense to get a real muscle car to take to the strip...

You know that I'm a drag strip addict and it would be a perfect car for me, I think?

how are they on gas? i mean with gas prices being $2.20.

gas is not that bad after all. LS1 engine were made very smart considering all the power that they make. With highway driving and 6sp tranny people have hit 30mpg!!! And city should be around 20mpg, which is not that different froma tib, just a few miles more.

the aftermarket for our tiburons isn't good at all, and sometimes it's not worth investing into an older car. my parents are kind of upset that i spent $3,000 on my car and i virtually got nothing from it. not to mention the problems i come up with having aftermarket parts installed, you just come up to all sorts of problems.

exactly one of the biggest problems with our cars. Barely any aftermarket and prices are enormous!

ok guys... lets calm down a bit. Just remember one simple rule, no bashing Hyundai or the Tiburon on this site. The Camaro is a decent car. Too quick for it's price, but it is more ...............................
....give me one of these cars. For anybody thinking of buying one.. I suggest some seat time first to see if you can live with it's faults.

I know some problems of those cars but thanks a lot for doing a pretty good review man. Really appreciate it. Some of those problems are not really problems for me and some of them are easily fixable!

Ham, what else is wrong with camaros?

For a Camero?

How original.

I know man, it would be sad to let the tib go, but I need some change. I think I'm just getting bored with it. It looks gorgeuous and turns a lot of heads, but it's way too slow for me. I'm a stupid redneck drag strip addict and can do nothing about it!
Camaros are actually original IMO. There are barely any around where I live, it's mostly ricers, so if I do get one it would be very unique!

Once again I'm not leaving hyundai scene because I love hyundais! Luxury family sedan made by hyundai will be my next car.

Peter, how much money do you have to spend?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Highway gas mileage is decent on them... the tranny has very long gears and is basically right off idle when cruising the freeway. Hell, you can get even longer gears if you want... a guy in my area has one that first gear tops out @ 70mph in. wink1.gif

But remember, as with all V8 parts, there is more complexity involved in manufacturing. Headers, for example, require more than double the material of a Tib header. So expect to pay alot more for bolt-ons. And bolt-ons do add massive power to the LS1. Especially camshafts, look for those right off the bat. Also look for a new aggressive gearing (might compromise your gas mileage a little).

LS1 Camaro + Camshafts and aggressive gearing = 12.5 sec car
Old 06-14-2005, 11:25 PM

But what's so bad about camaros man? You said they were crap?

The most expesive header for LS1 that I found was $550 shipped and they have ones for $350 too, so parts are not that expensive after all.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:03 AM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Jun 14 2005, 10:39 PM)
Peter, how much money do you have to spend?

What you want for it. *Dont have money right now but i will in 3 months*