Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Might Be Crazy But I Want A Camaro!

Old 06-14-2005, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Z28 B4C (police interceptor with 25th anniversary package, one of the very few cars made without the RS emblem on it) and it was a whoot to drive and aftermarket parts were abundant. It will not take you long or that much money to get you where you need to go, a good choice to go fast without going broke. Just don't ever get a ticket, your insurance will SKYROCKET in a car like that. Think of it this way, you can get a used Camero for half the price of a new Stang and is just as fast.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:31 AM

My mom's got a 2002 Z28 Camaro Convertible... 35th Anniversary Edition too. It's 325hp. It sounds beautiful. Leather interior also. We actually bought it from a Ford dealership back in January or February since it was a trade-in. The people who had it traded it in for a 2005 Mustang. Now get this. The car my mom has was worth $39,000, on average, when it first rolled off the lot. Know how much my mom paid? $11,000. She traded in her 2002 Ford Taurus for it, got $6,500 trade-in value, and got the Camaro for $17,500. When she got it, there was only 25,000 miles on it. Oh, and this is the 4th Camaro she's ever owned. Her first Camaro was a 72 SS. smile.gif She loves muscle cars, except Mustangs. The last muscle car she had before this was a 92 Firebird.

She lets me drive it every now and then. It's just... a Camaro, haha. I can't say "OMG THE PICKUP IS GREAT" or "OMG I FLEW PAST LIKE EVERYONE AND LIKE EVERYONE WANTED TO RACE ME HEHE" because well... that's what you expect when you think of Camaros, haha.

Here's some pics of it in our driveway.

If you have any questions, let me know. My mom is a know-it-all when it comes to Camaros and I'm sure she'd love to help you out. smile.gif
Old 06-14-2005, 09:35 AM

camaros rock laugh.gif my dream car would be a 1969 ss but any year will do. i prefer the older and the newer body styles...
Old 06-14-2005, 10:16 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I would say go with Camaro.
300+ hp stock and RWD = lot's of fun especially in drag racing.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:18 AM

QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Jun 14 2005, 04:16 AM)
When I was car shopping I thought about a Camaro too, among others. I likes them a lot. I chose the Tib though because it's not as common as the other cars on my list like the Camaro. If you gotta get a different car at least your choosing one with style and an aftermarket

I think camaros are not that common either. They were not making that many of them.

If I do get a new car, everything will be sold out along with the strut bars.

Brian, that's one of the reasons why I want it. It's a true drag racing car!

I hope to get t-tops with leather and MT only smile.gif

It took ford 7 years to be on the same level of performance as camaro.

ToxicLove, what are some problems with those cars? Is there anything I should be aware of before I get one? Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:13 PM

its not that they werent making them... they just werent selling.

Get the SS or z28

Screw hyundai...
smile.gif
Old 06-14-2005, 12:16 PM

Yup I'm getting either SS or Z28. I like the attitude man! hehe
Old 06-14-2005, 12:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's cool man, i like the numbers you're giving on them and it does make sense to get a real muscle car to take to the strip...

i've seen some pretty bad ass hooked up camaros in germantown. they sound really nice. how are they on gas? i mean with gas prices being $2.20. i've also seen some pretty bad ass turbocharged cobras... yikes.

the aftermarket for our tiburons isn't good at all, and sometimes it's not worth investing into an older car. my parents are kind of upset that i spent $3,000 on my car and i virtually got nothing from it. not to mention the problems i come up with having aftermarket parts installed, you just come up to all sorts of problems.

financially speaking, i bought my car because it ran well and hasn't ever given me anykind of engine problems, so i'm kind of saving money. but remember, that rules out the need for speed. i saw a hooked up GTi yesterday at the movies. i didn't think it was all that magnificent until i heard the BOV. Yes, that's right, the BOV. It scared the hell out of me and woke me up from unconcious cognition. my point is that those cars have all the aftermarket they need to get them up and running. hondas, acuras, fords, chevy's, toyotas, mitsubishis, more hondas... so the next time you pull up next to a GTi, or a hooked up car, remember how much of a chance you stand against it (very small) remember how much effort and love you put into your car just to get it in shape compared to the guy next to you at the light who picked up a magazine from Walmart and bought everything he needed for half price all at once. even if you do lose the race, you win at the end because to get a tiburon in the 14s range means a lot more than getting a celica there.

if you're up for it man, go for it. you also have walter's phone number.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:45 PM

ok guys... lets calm down a bit. Just remember one simple rule, no bashing Hyundai or the Tiburon on this site. The Camaro is a decent car. Too quick for it's price, but it is more or less a one trick pony. I have been forced to drive a 96SS for a few thousand miles, I hated every one of them.

You cannot see anything of the car beyond the edge of the windsheild, engine access is pitiful, the rear hatch/trunk is tiny, I would only put people I hate in the back seats, the front seats lay you way back to drive (I prefer to sit upright), the nose scraps on EVERY dip in the road (even at stock ride height), the controls are artificially heavy, there is no steering or brake feel, if you think our tibs have terrible lighting wait till you drive the camaro at night, and EVERY kid in a hopped up honda wants to race you...

In a nutshell, you could not give me one of these cars. For anybody thinking of buying one.. I suggest some seat time first to see if you can live with it's faults.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Jun 14 2005, 12:45 PM)
For anybody thinking of buying one.. I suggest some seat time first to see if you can live with it's faults.

300+ horses... at the push of a foot pedal...

[homer drool]

I drove my brother SS all around tucson.. i definantly loved it.. the power is great.

I still love the tiburon cause its unique.. and its MY toy...

You cant deny the power of the LS1 though...