Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Might Be Crazy But I Want A Camaro!

Old 06-13-2005, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always liked american muscle cars, but could never really afford one with the gas prices and insurance rates. Now, that I'm all grown up(not really), I have some extra money and insurance rates are not that much different I'm really considering buying a z28 camaro. 1998-2002 they were putting LS1 (corvette motor) in those cars and they are rated at 305 to 325hp and 325-345 tq depending on the year.

With the extra insurance, gas, and maintnance this car would not cost me more than $1500 extra a year than my tiburon, which is definitely not bad considering that those cars are very fast, good looking IMO, and have lots of standart features that my car doesn't have.

They run 13s stoc; would last me more than I would ever want to; huge aftermarket; will run low 12s with a few boltons and nitrous, etc....

If anyone can convince me that I'm totally out of my mind I will drop this idea, but otherwise I will sell the tibby(would be really sad to let it go) and buy a z28.

Opinions and comments are welcome.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:00 AM

Personally I think the z28 is a great car. I prefer the older body styles, but the exterior look is a personal preferance. As far as performance, you're totally right and would get a much better and more powerful engine. I would say go for it if the increase in price of insurance/gas isn't an issue.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i said the same thing when i had a chance to buy a supra and a Ferrari 328 GTB replica, so i don't think you're crazy.

just wait around a few years. you've got no more than 2 years left of university. when you graduate you will get a good job (with benefits) filled with gorgeously hot "over the counter" pidietritian girls hello to your wonderful girlfriend who is not reading this. you will be the next james bond man.

what is happening in two years? brand spankin' new 2007 Supercharged Tiburon (also convertible version). It's going to be sick. It will be as fast as an S2000 and 350Z. By then, you will have enough money to heavily modify it. imagine the sickness--6-speed supercharged V6 pushing close to 300hp. gas won't be a problem.

I also think of cars based on their lineup. Chevy? Eeek.

convincing enough? or do i have to ask some connections in seoul to give me some stats on their spawning devil fetus?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:18 AM

I just really want a fast car and I can own one if I get a z28. I will have to put a good bit of money into the tib to match is with z28, while I could add a few bolt ons and camaro will be in low 13s, some nitrous and it's already in 12s. It's just very tempting!!!

Look at it this way, I have extra cash and will put it all into the tib. It will look very nice and hopefully I would be able to hit 13s with juice and all I'm gonna do is just waste all the money into mods that will never be sold for what I paid for. On the other hand I could get a z28 for 10-12k right now and have a 13 second daily driven car that's bone stock. With a few more grands I could easily make it a 12 second car and it would still be as reliable as it was stock.

I'm not leaving hyundai scene because I still have, and will have until it does, my XD. I also consider azero as a family sedan when I get married. Also, my dream car is a c6 z06 with 505hp. I think I'm getting old...

I actually have 6 more years ahead of me man, so good money won't seen for a while. Also, I'm gonna have to pay off med school loans which will take a few years.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:41 AM

Hey man I'm definitely understanding where your coming from (you've seen my GSX thread). Those Z28's are bad ass. And as jToIeB said, the exterior is your personal preference. Just imagine being able to cruise the roads knowing that you are faster than 98% of the road population. The superiority is unreal. With only 1500 more a year I believe that would be a good car to replace the tib (but why not the XD instead?). Good luck with that.

Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If it weren't for Chevy
My tools would rust

Haha lol.gif
Old 06-14-2005, 01:43 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i want a a 1996 SS with a 6-speed.. I have always wanted one.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:49 AM

Thanks for the support guys. I was really dedicated to the tib, but it's just time for a change.

XD is more of a family car. My mom drives it, we take it to the trips, etc.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:16 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

When I was car shopping I thought about a Camaro too, among others. I likes them a lot. I chose the Tib though because it's not as common as the other cars on my list like the Camaro. If you gotta get a different car at least your choosing one with style and an aftermarket
Old 06-14-2005, 05:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

If I were you I would sell the tib because you like drag racing and the tib isnt truely meant for it
Old 06-14-2005, 05:51 AM

I'm an american muscle guy through and through and the camaro is a great car(power wise with the ls1) i like the foxbodys myself though lol. the only thing you have to worry about is repairs. camaros are horrible with dependability issues, but there are thousands of parts for it so it doesnt really matter. good luck and be sure to get t-tops or convertable.