Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Guess This Is Kind Of Cool.

Old 04-20-2008 | 09:59 PM

I know the majority of this forum will not care about this, but ballparks.com just did a review of the Arvest Ballpark that was built here in Springdale about a month ago. Arvest Ballpark is the home for the Northwest Arkansas Naturals (Who used to be the Witchita Wrangelers over in Kansas), the AA Minor League baseball team for the Kansas City Royals. I'm telling everyone, this area is growing up to something big.

Check it.

http://www.baseballparks.com/NWA-1.asp
Old 04-20-2008 | 11:22 PM

looks very good for a minor league stadium

a lot of stadiums are doing this and i guess minor league stadiums are following suit.
Old 04-20-2008 | 11:38 PM

Being there in person is something else. Growing up in this city (Was a small town back in the early 90's.), I never would have guessed that even this area was going to get a minor leauge team. The review said that the cow fields were going to be replaced with Hotels, restaurants, A huge mall, and possibly an arena (Why the arena, I don't know.... due to the amount of music concerts we have every year?) Looks like my city is finally growing a step up from where it used to be. (Cow feilds, mountains, barns, dirt roads, and rednecks.) Looks like everything but the mountains are moving away from this metro area.
Old 04-21-2008 | 05:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Pretty nice place. Altoona, PA. Altoona Curve have a nice place as well. Great small town atmosphere.