Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Don't Know If I Should Be Pissed Or What...

Old 10-24-2005, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL! You guys are too cute.

I asked her to let me drive it to work tonight and she said no. She said maybe Thursday I can drive it. Hurricane Wilma is joining up with some other storm system, and since we live on the NJ coastline... we're expecting major floods and stuff. My job is right on the water so she is afraid I'm going to ruin it or something. We'll wait for dryer weather.

I'll take some pics tomorrow if she doesn't drive it to her job, but I bet she will.

And word, RD's are better! I just want to hear her infiniti sound system or whatever and see how the car drives.

Her car, by the way, was custom built and ordered at another dealership. The guy who did it couldn't pay for it, so it was transferred to a dealership by us and is considered an 05 leftover, which is why she got a good deal. It's an automatic though, because she can't bother with manual in traffic and the roads around here, which is understandable. But the car is exactly what she wanted for the price she wanted, and it was a custom order too.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM

lol well at lest its a Hyundai. and you will drive it =) RD and still better.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 PM

what was so custom about it?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM

Automatic V6s feel very smooth and torquee at the low end. I'd get one for daily commuting in a lot of traffic, but then if you think about it stick isn't bad at all. I don't think about shifting, it just happens naturally, so saying that stick is not good in traffic is a bad excuse for lazy people.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

floor it and feel how that car shifts under load....ugh i hate it. (the autoragics I mean....).

hope your mom has fun with it tho, I know I wouldn't. They look somewhat good, but yea...I'd still take an RD as the best Sports Car ever produced by Hyundai.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:36 PM

RD is the best sports car ever produced? You'd take RD over supra, skyline, vette, viper?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

hehe thats cool actually, hyundai familys are good... my mom drives an 04 sonota, V6, woodgrain, leather, i like it alot.

OH and stick in the city is no biggie, and NJ is nuthin ;-) once you do it its just like OD, you dont even think about it. i actually feel better with stick, makes u pay attention...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Oct 25 2005, 03:36 AM)
RD is the best sports car ever produced? You'd take RD over supra, skyline, vette, viper?

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Oct 25 2005, 03:33 AM)
hope your mom has fun with it tho, I know I wouldn't. They look somewhat good, but yea...I'd still take an RD as the best Sports Car ever produced by Hyundai.

Errr...OP, I think you might wanna read that again.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Hmmm, he edited his post after I made my comment... I responded to his original post not the edited one, and his original post didn't include word hyundai.... But I do agree that RDs were probably the nicest creation for hyundai back in the day, now with the 3.3L engine producing 227hp new tibby will be damn nice smile.gif
Old 10-25-2005, 06:46 AM

Alex I should clarify... lol. The part of NJ that your gf lives in is different from down here. I used to live up there. We have LOTS of construction down here and people with lead foots. We also have terrible roads, among narrow ones. It's usually stop and go, stop and go, stop and go. I can't be bothered with switching shifts all the time.

And yes people, we're lazy. We don't get sports cars to show off really. We just like them. I have nothing to prove in a sports car, so no need for stick.

I have to clarify. She didn't get the Tib for entertainment or "fun" purposes. She got it for a cute commuter, pretty much. She rather have that for the same cost as a soccer mom car. She has her 02 Z28 Camaro for fun purposes. wink1.gif