Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

i crashed my car

Old 04-16-2003, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i crashed my car

well here it is..
i got in a car accident last night around 9:40. i was driving down a 40 mph street and i was going about 45. this lady in like a 92 blazer did a california roll through a stop sign and at the last second decided to go ahead and cross the street. i locked my brakes up and nailed the left front of her truck. My car's hood is smashed, my front bumper is toast, both headlights are toast, the radiator was smashed into the front of my engine (don't know how bad that is yet cause the hood wasn't able to get opened). when i started it to move it out of the street i heard something smacking up against something else in the engine bay, and the noise continued after i shut the car off so i figure it was the fan or something. I'm guessing the car MIGHT be totalled just because the car isn't worth very much. hopefully not though.
It's sucks even worse casue i had just had my astrel kit put on about a week and a half ago. and today i had my other magnaflow exhuast put on, and made plans to have the back lip of the kit put on next monday.
Good thing is that i was not hurt (actaully didn't hurt at all, almost kinda hit softly) and noone in the other car was hurt either.
well i'll remember this tuesday for a while.
thumbs_d
Old 04-16-2003, 09:23 AM

sucks dude. at least your not hurt. they might just pay it off or something. hopefully they'll give you a crap load of money to fix it.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:28 AM

Ahh... sounds about like what happened to me a few weeks ago. I know how it feels. I just put on the Cuda kit 3 months ago and it wasn't even finished.

I'm glad to hear your alright. Hyundai's might not cost much, but everyone seems to be safe, thank goodness.

Did you get a police report or anything? Hopefully they don't try to scam you like they did me.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:52 AM

no police report because nobody was hurt. but the cops said that it was obvious that the lady was at fault. and i have a witness that saw the whole thing. so i'm pretty sure i'm good to go.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:55 AM

rubenz2K1:
no police report because nobody was hurt. but the cops said that it was obvious that the lady was at fault. and i have a witness that saw the whole thing. so i'm pretty sure i'm good to go.
even if noone was hurt a police report should of been filed so your insurance co doesnt try to shaft you. see if you can get a blue form and do it now. i think there is a time limit on filling it out though. not necessary but helpful.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:35 AM

well i asked them for a report and they said they couldn't do one cause nobody was hurt. and they only do reports when injuries occur. I'm sure it'll all pan out.
i had gotten in a accident a while ago with our old Ranger ( not my fault) and no police report was filed and it all came out good. smile.gif
Old 04-17-2003, 07:40 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Seems like when you put a kit on a Hyundai then you are doomed into getting into an accident. In VA they give you a police report no matter how minor the accident is, and it doesn't matter if someone got hurt or not. The way you describe it it sounds like its totalled. Hope everything works out for you.