Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Am A Horrible Person

Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^That's horrible.

If I ever hit anything I'd stop and see if it was still alive. If it was, I'd bring it to the nearest animal shelter. We have an animal sanctuary here which is home to injured animals. Some of them were hit by cars, but were saved. There's an eagle in there that got hit by a car, and his wings were damaged. He can't fly anymore, but they saved his life and he now lives in the sanctuary.

Luckily I haven't hit anything yet.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

the first time i hit and animal it was a beagle. it got hit by the 2 cars in front of me. by the time i even seen it, it was under my tire. made just a slight wimper. then flew off the rest of the way off the road. quite sad since I seen it go off the road and having endured 3 cars running over it sad.gif ...still a little upsetting to me.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:40 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

start a fire and grab the A1?

lmao.gif Yes! lmao.gif

Swift and i were heading down a country road on the way to work in her prelude (bout a year ago), there were a bunch of bigger birds in the road ahead, most of them scattered when they heard the preludes not-so-subtle exhaust, this one had late reaction time and i only had enough time to utter "dead bird" before it nailed my bumper.

I was astonished that there wasn't blood and guts all over the car as it was a fairly large bird and a bigger thud. I checked the bumper when we got to work and it was fine, just a small dent in the hood that was barely noticable.

Natural selection in action (not so natural means being a car, but survival of the fittest for sure), the bird was to slow/stupid to react, removed from genepool...
Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ May 6 2008, 10:19 PM)
^That's horrible.

If I ever hit anything I'd stop and see if it was still alive. If it was, I'd bring it to the nearest animal shelter. We have an animal sanctuary here which is home to injured animals. Some of them were hit by cars, but were saved. There's an eagle in there that got hit by a car, and his wings were damaged. He can't fly anymore, but they saved his life and he now lives in the sanctuary.

Luckily I haven't hit anything yet.

I did. The dog was still alive. I went up to the owner's house. They weren't mad at me. It was very embarissing and sad for both of us. It was an indoor dog and they left the gate open. I explained that I couldn't even see the dog until I crested the hill and then it was too late. I was wondering why I even stopped to tell them. I don't really remember the details, but I remember I wouldn't stop and talk to the owner again. It solved nothing at all.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 AM

^Well, what happened, what did they do? I hope they didn't just let it suffer.

I really can't read this thread anymore.