Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I Am A Horrible Person

Old 05-06-2008 | 02:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Just leave it there something is probably eating it as we speak lol.

Seriously though I felt bad the first time I hit an animal. But as you said it was almost like it wanted to be killed they run right for the tires.

Rabbit is ok kinda like chicken but I would rather eat deer than rabbit.

was surprised by the minimal sound it made at all

I was with my Grandfather once and he hit a cat. Now that made one hell of a crunch sound 02.gif
Old 05-06-2008 | 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

this brings a completely new meaning to "shark out of water" for me. Make sure none of him is sticking to the car, overcooked rabbit meat can get a funky smell.
Old 05-06-2008 | 02:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

reminds me of Mad-Machine's Beagle story. (sorry to remind you fella). there's nothing you can do. it's summer, birds will come for it. if it makes you feel better there was a family of rabbits living in my back yard!
Old 05-06-2008 | 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

This one time I thought I'd hit a bird for sure! However, I didn't hear a thing and looked in my rear view mirror and didn't see even the slightest hint of dead bird carcass on the road so I figured he must have gotten away. I arrived at my grandma's and on my way inside just happened to notice something black on the front of my car.....

YES!!! haha.gif The bird had gotten jambed in the grill right next to the crooked H logo. Wish I'd taken pictures. Anyways, mother nature 0 - The shark 1.

edited!!!
Another time I hit a dog on a country road in the cavalier... I did feel bad after that one.

Then another time I creamed a possum in my '75 cutlass. He just popped out from behind a bush at just the wrong time.

I'm sure there are others but when you travel in the country a lot it's bound to happen.
Old 05-06-2008 | 04:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i know its OT but I just thought about it and I have been hit by a deer twice, T-boned both times. Once in my old supra by a big buck. His antlers crumpled my passanger front fender and door. It sucked cause he did some major damage but he seemed fine so that was the good part. Another time I got hit by a deer crossing a snowmobile trail at night while I was hitting it on a straight spot. The deers mouth hit my hand and his front left leg got caught by my front right ski and it threw him sideways next to me and then he just detour kinda and ran off. I thought he bit my hand at first so I let off the throttle which probably helped out the deer but it was pretty freaky. Mother nature was trying me, lmao
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:40 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

my only encounter with deer was the weirdest encounter of all. Ocean Shores, Washington State Coastline.. You've got a large rocky, sorta sandy beach dumping into an ice cold wavy frothy Pacific Ocean, with a giant forest behind you. Not really your typical "beach" but a beach none-the-less. Well it was low-tide and we were exploring the shells and teasing the Pacific with how far out we could go. I was walking out toward the water line alone, sun behind me (early morning) and i hear this faint yell for my name. Behind me two people watching us walk out to the waterline were yelling at me and pointing at something. The sun was in my eyes and I couldn't really hear them with the ocean right next to me. Well with 3 seconds to spare I look up the coastline and see three deer running so fast (omg, I didn't knwo deer could even sprint like that..) almost as if they were charging towards me. I thought for sure I was gonna get "bucked" and flipped into the air but I just ducked and they split so they could continue running around me, and off they went running along down the coastline as fast as I've ever seen deer run.. on a beach.. lol.

MURDERER!!!
Just kidding. Now if it was a kid you hit on the other hand......

If it was a kid I would have swerved and crashed the bimmer/injured me. Since I knew it was a bunny I decided not to risk me or my car by trying to swerve on a two-lane highway, slowing from 100..
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:46 PM

We have deer on the beach here roaming around, but they're friendly deer, you can pet them and they won't try to run you over.
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:52 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

hmm, maybe dem West Coast deer just don't fvck around..

Who cares, I'm in Arizona now.. Deer pass out from the heat here. The rabbit's dead and gone (I drove back up the mountain this morning..) And I have no damage/blood stains whatsoever.
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:59 PM

Well good, hopefully something ate it then.
Old 05-06-2008 | 08:02 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I came up over a hill once, and a little dog was standing in the middle of the road. I ended up with a dented license plate. I didn't have time to react.