Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hyundaiaftermarket.com Back Up And Running

Old 01-22-2006 | 09:53 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Damn.... I just remember waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. I must have had 1 or 2 posts on Shark Racing's private site. I paid and all. Never got my gay banner and number though? And now I'm doing business somewhat involving Bradley, lol. How things change?!
Old 01-23-2006 | 09:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

VERY VERY upset over this. You can read why in the other thread about RD Tib reppin at HA. And who the hell is John Tiburon? mad.gif

And just so everyone knows....my goal wasnt to make HA just another Hyundai site out there. My goal was to make it a site where people could see all of the great information that was discussed in the past. All of the great tech articles and tips that have helped people over the years mod and build their cars. If people wanted to join the new site, then great. But it was never my goal to make it another Hyundai site.

To the ässhole that took the domain from under me...I hope you burn in hell. Thanks and have a nice day.
Old 01-23-2006 | 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (JohnTiburon @ Jan 21 2006, 05:55 PM)
there is never too many forums 02.gif
and imho i think there should be as much exposure as possible for the hyundai communnity. the more exposure the more people that are interested and then there is more of a market. i may be wrong tho sad.gif

Yes, there is. HA.com ruled, but it broke for a many reasons. Why?

1. The Hyundai Tuning scene got big enough that the different models warranted their own sites. The breakoff sites were able to go get information on JUST their cars. Most RD folks didn't want or need any info on Accents, sonata guys couldnt' really share anything with anyone, the GK attitude was there from the start and no one wanted anything to do with them, ect.

2. Functionality. The PM System was taken off of the site, you couldn't get the avatars for the companies you needed up, there was very little "User Options" that you could work with. The reputation system was abused, and maybe 2 of the moderators on the whole site were active. Random ran himself almost to death to keep it in order, but the fighting by everyone, about everything, cracked what was going on.

3. Handover. The handover of the site was voted on. RDTiburon.com was supposed to get it to be able to archive it so everyone could have it forever. Suddenly, after the votes were done, the HA.com rights and forums went to Tom at Importshark. No one could really understand that. Tom had his own forums that most folks didn't visit as it is (Tom's a great guy, we are just talking facts here), and finally, a few months after HA.com dissapeared, it was back up hosted by Tom. Almost no one visited the NEW HA.com forums anymore, and the old ones were closed from posting.

QUOTE (phorq @ Jan 22 2006, 12:45 PM)
Agarwal, you're right, I totally forgot about the pay-membership at TSR... I remember that my membership continued there even though I didn't pay for it...

Yup. That was a frigging joke. You guys think we are rough here, there, you couldn't talk about any shipping problems, or anything about any other companies.

BTW, the progression was...

FXExtreme
HA.com
HP.com
EXD.com
Sonataspeed.com
Newbtiburon.com
RDTiburon.com

Death of HA.com

If I remember correctly.
Old 01-23-2006 | 10:59 AM
Administrator

Redz...you're exactly right in everything you said. Random, myself, Jaws, & JVX worked as hard as we could to keep HA afloat and running smoothly. FxTreme, HA, and the ORIGINAL TSR boards is what kicked the scene off really. HP started and became the largest site out there for Hyundai enthusiasts, but its not Hyundai model specific and all of the other sites started up, as you mentioned.

I think for anyone that is thinking about bringing back a "Legend Site" like HA, FxTreme, TSR, T-H-C (outdating myself on that one)...it should go to someone who has been around since the beginning and knows exactly what went into building the scene from back to when there was NOTHING for us, to what it is today. I'm not saying that a n00b couldnt run a "Legend Site" but its not the same compared to as if someone who has been around for the last 7-8 years in the scene, running a site like that.

Some people have emailed me and PM'd me with some ideas as to what I should do now since that idiot took HA.com. I have to think about it a little more and decide whats BEST FOR THE COMMUNITY. Thanks though for everyone who has shown support and given me suggestions/ideas on bringing back the REAL Hyundai Aftermarket, as it once was back in the day. wink1.gif
Old 01-23-2006 | 11:31 AM

Without random, red, or onpol, and even cheuk... the site just doesnt seem the same.

Dam i miss the shark pool...
Old 01-24-2006 | 06:05 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I miss The-Hyundai-Connection when James was running it. lmao.gif
Old 01-24-2006 | 09:12 AM
Administrator

I might be able to get my hands on the archives from FxTreme. So now everyone can see what it was REALLY like back in the day. fing02.gif

I miss The-Hyundai-Connection when James was running it.

Aahhh...good ol James Fabin. How many remember Hyundai Tuner when it was all Accents.
Old 01-24-2006 | 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So what's the story Josh?
Old 01-24-2006 | 09:43 AM
Administrator

I'm not divulging any information publicly. The only people who know whats going on is Random, myself, and Rob (from HP). If Jaws, JVX, Redz, & Java want to know, drop me a PM and I'll fill you guys in. I trust you guys in the fact that things wont be let out into the open. fing02.gif

For everyone else....since a monkey wrench was thrown into the plans due to HA being taken, give me a few more days and the original HA (and possibly FxTreme and maybe TSR) stuff will be back. wink1.gif
Old 01-24-2006 | 11:48 AM

QUOTE (visionz @ Jan 24 2006, 08:12 AM)
Aahhh...good ol James Fabin. How many remember Hyundai Tuner when it was all Accents.

f*** him... hes one of the biggest tools ever...

I met him in person...

Getting fxtreme archives back would own man... also the little Q&A by the rally racing team would be nice.. i used to love reading those articles.