Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hyundai Gets Blown

Old 02-08-2008 | 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

QUOTE (AdamW @ Feb 8 2008, 02:11 PM)
they r lame for implying a supercharged v8 is on the way.
not gunna happen.

your gonna eat your words. remember the scoupe ?

QUOTE (Sparticus @ Feb 8 2008, 02:17 PM)
you sure do love this "show" huh?
someone should tell him its not Hondai. its Hyundai. he mispronounced it about 5 times.

also... does he have some sort of crush on Amy Winehouse? mentioning her 3 times in one segment (for no REAL reason mind you) is ridiculous.

i give that 2 thumbs down

thats Derek D, and the script is a compilation of ideas from several people, including autoblog folks

its pronounced hunday, like sunday

QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Feb 8 2008, 02:24 PM)
^^ werd.gif I can NOT stand the way he keeps saying Hyundai. It's not a Honda with an i, it's Hyundai.
And the chances of Hyundai putting a stock turbo in any of their vehicles is pretty slim, we've already seen a fully built concept with it, but still nothing in the production line with it. I'm not putting my money on that.

potato potatoe, lets call the whole thing off, you also may be eating an alphabet sandwich.

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Feb 8 2008, 02:46 PM)
i doubt they would put a sport version out. they haven't put out a sport version of any hyundai so far.

they need to, they finally have the quality to do so.

QUOTE (Sparticus @ Feb 8 2008, 02:54 PM)
they ARE putting a stock turbo in a car.... the 4 cyl Genesis Coupe will be turbocharged

they're talkin SUPACHAGA tongue.gif .... which i don't find likely

thats what I thought. turbo, not s/c. we'll see...

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Feb 8 2008, 03:50 PM)
For those of you that are retarded...

Hyundai like SUNDAY.

It's prounnounced Hun Day.

i am mildley retarded, but thanks for clearing that up

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Feb 8 2008, 04:01 PM)
They have a 1.8 and 2.0 tiburon. Why not a Tau, and a supercharged Tau?

It would be good marketing.

thats the spirit !

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Feb 8 2008, 04:24 PM)
doubt that it will happen..

and red, hope you werent reffering to anyone in hear being retarded.. they just said how the guy said it wrong..

this guy sounds like a total tool. hon DAY.. 3 thumnbs down and i dont even have 3 thumbs..

only thing good about the video was the r8 razor and he ruined it by talking.

Derek D is italian, give him a break.

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Feb 8 2008, 05:48 PM)
Its been confirmed in like 10 different Hyundai releases in addition to krafcik (sp) saying so at its debut. The genesis coupe WILL have a 2.4T pushing out 215hp along with a 305hp v6. They didnt say "maybe" they said definitely.

And since you mentioned the production line, maybe your forgetting about the good ole scoupe turbo? that rolled down that line. If you want, we can set up a bet about whether hyundai will put a turbo in the genesis coupe, i say they will.

And a blown tau would be awesome, whether they do it stock or not, im sure there will be some taus that see boost in one form or another

alex01tib pwns you suckas !

get your facts and rumors right b****es ! im just kidding, you know i love you !
Old 02-08-2008 | 04:49 PM

ehh, ill admit if im wrong.
they have a long ways to go before they make a supercharger v8. first, how bout a new sports car like they say. second, how bout a standard v8 in this car with rearwheel drive (genesis coupe). then supercharger.

granted..the supercharger is a factory option for many cars in hyundai's class..look at the s2000 for example. also, it a very popular option for the aftermarket aplication. however, i believe it is farrr more likely we see 1st. a v8 w no supercharger, and possibly even a blower 6 before they mess with the 8. i don't doubt it'l happen. but when? could be a decade for all we know, and thats why I say its lame for them to predict with such wide eyes.
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

well by now anyone doubting a turbo in a hyundai is completely wrong. i mean the genesis coupe will be turbo 4 and V6. hell, ford and VW all garrett turbos in all of their diesels in europe. it's not hard, they just have to make the cylinders wider/shorter and stronger materials.

i doubt a V8 will be supercharged, but if it happens hyundai won't be making it, only another company. it would be quite funny to see that V8 transplanted in a tiburon.

Old 02-09-2008 | 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

oh god ! can you imagine ! If the Genesis motors swap into the new Tiburons ? oh man,
Old 02-09-2008 | 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

keep in mind that Korea's car market is built around the price of gas, witch can reach as high as 7 dollars per gallon. so i doubt it.. i have yet to see or hear any rumors here on the street about this but if i hear anything you guys will be the first to know..
Old 02-09-2008 | 02:30 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

they are both RWD, so it will be done, im sure of it.

As long as the engine can physically fit in the engine bay it can be done, but certain things (motor mount locations, sensor compatibility, etc) will obviously make it easier, the easier it is, the more it will be done.