Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hyundai Auto Focus Group

Old 09-29-2005, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...LA Focus called me yesterday and left a message. Basically Hyundai is having a current and future model focus group in Hollywood and have invited me to attend one of the days (Oct 5, 6, 7, or for 2 hours and they will pay me $100!!! So i just got off the phone (called them back) with LA Focus group and they said that the hyundai people would call me back later today and they took my info down. They asked what car i drove and i said 2006 sonata and 2003 tiburon.....she said they are probably interested in the tiburon since that is what the focus group is mostly suppossed to be about. She also said that they will have current and future models on display, so im hoping i will get to see the future tiburon or at least a new concept of it (HCD-9) and the Sonata Coupe!! i am sofa king excited!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

wha!! sneek some pics bro.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, get pics!!
Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 PM

WOOT! ok the auto focus group people called me back! Im scheduled to go on Wed Oct 5th @ 8pm .... its 2 hours, $100 like i stated earlier....They want me to bring the tiburon, so i guess ill be giving it one hell of a cleaning the day before .... they are going to have vehicles on a sound/studio stage/area which is closed off...they will be showing future models of which they havent released pics/info yet!!! im so damned excited! Oh...and NO CAMERAS ... these vehicles are hush hush....
Old 09-29-2005, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Cell phone...
Old 09-29-2005, 05:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lmao.gif Wow good luck with all of that fing02.gif
Old 09-29-2005, 05:49 PM

awww dang..

if they need a 1st gen let me know bro..

Good luck with the thing man... fing02.gif
Old 10-06-2005, 09:12 AM

okay..that was NOTHING like i thought it would be.....i pull up and park and i see one other tib ... and im like..ok..whatever...go to the gate shack thingy and they sign me in....walk into the room and there is a black curtain/wall thingy to the left so that you cant see the cars....chick signed me in...gave me a name tag (with my first name and a number) and handed me a PDA and told me to take a seat and follow the directions.....it was all self-driven at your own pace...the PDA asked you a bunch of questions and you answered with a stylus.....i got to a pont in it and it said walk into the showroom area...so i did.....

my initial thought was WTF? people were walking around with pda's looking at cars and answering questions ....

not ONE f***ING HYUNDAI was in that room.....

all the cars were silver...they were as follows :

2005 Acura RSX
2005 Mazda RX-8
2005 Honda Civic Coupe
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse
2006 Maxda MX-5 Miata
2005 Infiniti G35
2005 Scion tC

and some sort of cool looking Concept car obviously made by Mazda (couldnt find a pic of it online)

all emlems, names, symbols, logos, etc on all the cars were taped over...even though anyone that drove there probably saw all those cars on the way....

so the PDA tells you to go to a car (they had Letters above them and thats how the PDA referred to them ..Car D, Car m, etc). it then asks you to stand at certain spots around the car and reate it 1 to 10, asks about the outside features of the car and you rate it at the end it asks how likely you are to consider that car and then asks who you think makes it.....it was easy, but TIME CONSUMING...

you eventually walk to the concept and it asks you to do all the same shit you did with the regular cars.....

after you have seen all the cars it tells you it is time for the interior part or the survey...you then go back to all the cars and get in the driver's seat..all the emblems, radios, etc were taped over...i guess so that no interior features would sway your judgement or so you wouldnt play with anything...you adjust the seat/steering wheel to how you would drive and then get out and get back in...the PDA then asks about how easy it was to get into and if you put anything less than "Good" it asks why and it has diff options as to why it was below good (Like hard to get head in, hard to get hips in, etc)....it then asks about interior room, etc..you then get out and it asks you if it was hard to get out of

you then get out and go to the passenger side and somebody that works there pulls the front seat forward and you get in the back.....then it asks you questions about back seat room, space, etc (BTW the scion and the civic had the most room in the backseats, but that isnt saying much)..you then get out and are asked about how hard/easy it was to get out...and then it asks how you rate the the car and if you were likely to buy it again...i guess they are looking for a change in opinion on the car based on the inside vs outside.....

when its time for the interior part of the concept they had a "mock-up" of the interior in the middle of the room that you went to (no, you dont get to acually get into the concept itself) ... the mockup looked like shit....like painted plywood and molded foam with a half assed interior and no front or back end....i guess the most important thing was the seats (there was a disclamer about the seats being in the prototype/concept stage) ... so you got in and did the same exact thing as you did for the other cars...except you sit in the front and back of both sides of the car....when you get to the back seat of the passenger side you are able to adjust the seat height up and down and lean it back or forward..after you get to the most comfortable position they take the pda from you and put down your positions you like (there were marking on the back of the chair showing your position) .... they then read you a thing about seat configurations and you answered what you thought of them, then you got out...after you had done the outside and inside

after doing the outside and inside portions of all the cars the PDA told you to head to check-out.... you walk back to the area where you first walked in the building and a chick sitting there marks you off the list or something...takes you pda and your name badge....she then asked me to sign in some block with some info about me and my car and then she handed me an envelope that saud thank you on the front and inside it was a $100 bill....and then i left...

thats it, thats all...a HUGE letdown...i was led to believe it was a Hyundai thing..but oh well....im $100 closer to struts...

impressions of the cars :

the eclipse got bad ratings from me.....its a f***ing boat ... its ugly and the gaps between the wheels and the fenders make it look like its all the way up on a hydraulic/air suspension...the inside was bleh...not impressed at all.....

the civic was all middle of the board, although it had the most room

the rsx was also less than impressive.....reminded me of a civic too much..and what the little coin/cup/whatever holder thing in the back seat? its embedded in the seat itself...

the miata is SMALL...like SMALLSMALL .... i went to move the seat back and i was like WTF? it wont go back anymore..i need it to go back more..i turn to look behind the seat and there was no "behind the seat" .. it reminded me of being in a little single cab pickup .. the seat were VERY narrow and the lef room and the bottom wasnt good....

the G35 was sex..i didnt want to get out, PERIOD

the scion was ok for a cheap little sports car...ok rom in the back..nothing special, but nothing bad...

the RX-8 was..just um....an RX-8 .. i dont like them that much...the mazdaspeed kit should have come stock on them...just not a fan of the outward appearance of it....when you open the door it looks like some homo interior car designed threw up in there.....didnt like the front seat too much.....the back seats were the easiest to get into because of the suicide doors...but those are the same doors that make it look too long/stretched to me...i did like the was the center console ran from the front to the back seats...

thats all!