Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How Old Are You?

Old 02-13-2005 | 08:05 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

im 18... 19 in may...

My red 2001 tibby is my second car..

my first car was a red 1997 olds cutlass supreme, i bought it when i was 16... it was a nice car for a first car... it had a V6 but it didnt have nothing on the tibby... i had it for a year before it started having problems, this is where i learned about engines... you name it; it broke.. i fixed everything myself besides the new struts it needed... it died from a chronic disease more commonly reffered to as a blown headgasket... they wanted thousands of dollars to fix it and i said F-off... Ripped out my system and sold it for parts...

So now here i am with no car... i was thinking about buying my moms 98 granny but it had the same engine as my cutty so i was scared...

i was going to college the next year and i was making a poop load of money and i decided to get a new/ barely used car... something i could do mods to... looking at a 2004 elantra for 16g's but i went home to think about it... on the way home i saw my tibby in all its glory.. the next day i was driving it... learned what i know from my cutty/shop/howstuffworks/here

My recent/Very near future mods:

just did B&M short shifter install...2.5 inch exhaust very soon...clear corners in the mail...OBX underdrive in the mail... white face gauges in the mail..new sub enclosure installed
Old 02-13-2005 | 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im 17, going to be 18 in September. I got my license about a year and a half ago and my first car was actually a Sunfire. It was a 5 speed and at the time I was like "Whoa this clutch thing sucks" but now i really want my car to be a manual. Anyway I saw a tiburon one day and i was like "whoa, thats the car i need" and then i got my 2000 tiburon. so far no huge mods on it. i put some new seats in it, got 18" rims, clear corners, altezzas, sound system, and a few other little things. im hoping to swap my tranny to a manual in the spring. Im not a big engine person, im more into all the electronics and i think im pretty good at that. i wired my head unit and all my speakers and subs myself. well i guess thats it
Old 02-13-2005 | 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm 18. I learned everything I know about engines from watching/helping friends mod their cars. I learn the more tib specific stuff from here of course. Still got a lot to learn. My first car was a '93 geo prism, hell yeah! that thing wouldnt break even if i tried to do it. It was a good little car, but i needed an upgrade!

Also, I'm pretty good with wiring and electrical stuff. I've been taking crap apart for as long as I can remember. As far as that goes with the tib, I wired my system, put in some lights, and best thing so far is I rigged up my own dvd player and screen in my passanger visor laugh.gif: and believe me, it was not meant to be there haha. Ill keep stickin stuff in it, messing with that stuff is fun.
Old 02-13-2005 | 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I am 19, my old cars include:

1. 1990 Toyota Supra Turbo
2. 2000 Honda Civic SI
3. 2000 Hyundai Tiburon (current)
Old 02-13-2005 | 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

....im 17....
Old 02-13-2005 | 09:49 PM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
I think it's hillarious, you can tell how old folks are here by the way they type.

I'm 30.

I don't know dude, how old would you think I was? Just curious.

oh... I'm XIX.
Old 02-13-2005 | 10:16 PM

I'm 17, 18 in November

Bought the Tib after I totalled my little 95 dodge neon...I'm a better driver now after I put that neon through heck...Let's see...4 wrecks with it all together in less than a year. Only one was with another vehicle and the SUV totalled it. $6000 dollars worth of damage to a $1200 dollar car (not worth it!!!). My first two wrecks were within 15 minutes of each other. I pulled out of my garage and knocked off my side mirror and then I was so upset I went around a turn doing about 60 while it was pouring...hit a fence...killed the fence actually. Next was hitting a doe...I cried for like two hours straight because when I got out to see if it was ok it didn't move, I got about three feet from it and it kind of popped up in my face and took off running. I was horrified. Finally the last was hitting the SUV (I pulled out infront of her, opps). Scary part of all my wrecks...everyone of them I was either Going to or coming from Wal-mart. Thanks to wal-mart though I now have my bay Tibby!
Old 02-13-2005 | 10:33 PM

I am twenty, but in six days I will be twenty-one. As far as car experiece goes, have learnt some of the little I know from here and HP. The rest of it has been trial and error. My Tiburon is my first car, and I have been driving for four years.
Old 02-13-2005 | 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (hyundaijvx)
I don't know dude, how old would you think I was? Just curious.

oh... I'm XIX.

XIX?

Damned Russian Numbers.

laugh.gif:

I dunno, I guess I thought you were about 25.
Old 02-13-2005 | 11:01 PM

roman actually REDZ... and he's 19