Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How old was everyone when they bought their Hyundai?

Old 05-22-2010 | 02:06 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

My mom had a 95 accent that was purple. I rocked that in HS.
Old 05-22-2010 | 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hmm lets see got it in dec 99

i was...16? i think?

long story short me and my mom bought it with the agreement she would drive it for a couple years and then when i graduated i would take over the payments
we both went half on the down payment, both of us on the note. my dad pulled a dick move and sold my monte carlo, giving me 1000 of the 4 grand i put into it. (if you ever dont 100% trust someone put AND on the title not OR since it said OR he was able to sell it without me knowing anything about it)

when i took it over i transferred the note to a credit card so i could have the title. worst case scenario, if i couldnt make the payments, it would ruin my credit score but id have a car. my minimum payment was like 50 bux a month, but i would pay 250 toward it. i eventually paid it off when i got married 3 years later. plus the fact that since i no longer had a car note, i could put a 1000 deduct instead of 500, saving myself something like 800 a year in insurance charges.

if i could go back, i wouldnt have dumped any money into this car and just sold it, or to get my fix i wouldve never bought ANY of the NA mods and just ran a 75 shot.

i wouldve saved the money, graduated from college, and wouldve got a real car.

oh well, not to many people have a turbo hyundai in the first place i guess

college > hyundai