Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How Many Times Have You Been Pulled Over

Old 03-06-2009 | 05:17 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

^ Kind of seems like a pissing contest to me.

More on topic:
I re-read my post and forgot my absolute favorite. THIS IS A TRUE STORY! Talking your way out of ticket 101:
20 - Still in the Caprice: Doing 70 mph in a 55 zone because having overslept I was late for my morning classes. I knew that state patrol was all over this road but I was hoping for some good luck... not quite. As I passed through the only decent sized town for miles I saw the light in my rear-view and knew I was hosed. AS the cop walks up to the windows i roll it down and in my infinite wisdom say "officer, I know EXACTLY why you pulled me over." He looks down and me, lowers his glasses and sneers at me. He says "really son, what is it then?" I say "you want me to buy a ticket to the policeman's ball." he scowls and glares at me for a moment, and says "Son, State Troopers don't have balls...." within a millisecond His face lit up bright red and he turned around, got into his car, shut off the lights and took off down the road. It took me about half the trip to school before I realized what we what had actually transpired. Needless to say i never sped on that road again for fear I would run into a surly state trooper.

True story!
Old 03-08-2009 | 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

first time I got pulled over,I was 19.. lots more since then, but only have one infraction after all these years,one speeding ticket!(in a caravan lol)...I can't remember how many times in the past 25 years,but Its just cause I look like a hippy! lol.
Old 03-08-2009 | 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Tony, sorry but I don't think anyone here wishes you luck in your quest to get your license back. You're the type of person who really deserves to have their license taken away, and honestly, I hope you do. You're friend, the stang driver, and other innocent people could have been killed because of your stupidity. Hopefully you get your license taken and you learn a lesson. Take it to the track, or a deserted road.
Old 03-08-2009 | 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon 5spd

^^^

+1 to all of the above. Behavior like that is what gives communities like this one a bad reputation.
Old 03-08-2009 | 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

18 years old. Red Tiburon SE, RD1

I've gotten pulled over once, and it was on the way out of my local town. I saw the cruiser behind me, so I just kept an eye on the spedometer, and was going the speed limit, when the lights went on. I don't speed in general because [a] I couldn't afford gas, and [b] if I got ticketed, I couldn't afford it, [c] I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance for being an 18 yearold male... [a]+[b]+[c] = reason enough for me.

So, the officer approaches me and then indicates that the sticker on my liscence plate is expired. For those familiar with Ontario plates, there is a 1 square inch sticker that depicts the month of expiration. So unless this guy had binoculars on, he couldn't have possibly seen it. Additionally, it was expired on May 23, and the date was: May 24th. So even if he did see the sticker, he would have known that it was still within the month, which would have only left the idea that he ran my plates prior to pulling me over? Why would he do such a thing? I can only imagine that it is because my car is red, sporty and has a spoiler. I can't imagine he'd have run the plates of a mini-van.

Ticket: $110.
Old 03-08-2009 | 10:51 PM

offtopic.gif IDK if I was a cop and I saw this minivan ID run the plate.

lmao.gif
Old 03-08-2009 | 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I've been pulled over so many times, I lost count... at least back in PR. lmao.gif here I drive like a grandpa. LOL I obey the speed sings. fing02.gif I like my cheap full coverage insurance. hehe
Old 06-28-2009 | 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

Lets see, with my old car i got pulled over once on ft jackson, got a $75 fine...

now SINCE i got my new baby, my charger, ive been pulled over a total of (gasp!) 4 times, BUT only gotten one ticket/warning for $185.63 for 51 in a 30.

The other times i got pulled over, i never got an official warning OR ticket, just a "slow down ma'am and have a good day...

1st time was 88 in a 60
2 was a 51 in a 40
3 was a, get this---102 in a 60!!!(hahahah...i dont know HOW i didnt go to jail for this one...i guess batting your eyes and tearing up really does work! doesnt hurt i was in uniform!) The guy didnt even run my license number or anything! haha.gif
4 was this most recent 2 weeks ago where i got the $185 ticket, and this was the only actual time i WASNT speeding! i was jsut going downhill!
Old 10-06-2009 | 12:28 PM

i have been pulled over 4 times in my white rd1 tib

1) i was going 65/55 on my wat to buffalo wild wing at 12:30am. the coal grove cop pulled me over, gave me a bit of a hard time while i was giving the same, and handed me a ticket for $100

2) i was coming home from work at 1a, stopped to take a leak at a gas station. The cashier was hiding behind a display, when i left the store it wasnt 10min before two sheiff deputy's pulled me over with guns drawn. Apparently a white dodge neon robbed a cig outlet at gun point and they confused it for my tib. i was let go.

3) i had cleaned out my catalytic converter and was playing around while going to a friends house. i was doing 45/25 up a hill and was pulled over by ashland police. he asked me if why i was going so fast. told him that my cat ws cloged and if i didnt have any speed i would lose momentum and roll backwards off the hill.. he bought it and let me go.

4) I was heading to class one morning and was late, as usual. speeding through town, i passed a cop sitting in a liquer store parking lot at 70 in a curve. he said he didnt get an exact reading on me. so he let me go. thanks to him i didnt get to make up my lab practicle. f-ing douche
Old 10-07-2009 | 02:14 PM

Been pulled over once in my red tiburon, My friend was sitting shotgun and was tellin me a story about how he kicked down this door at his house and there was a unmakred cop car was right next to us we knew it was a cop cus the big ass LCD screen next to him well we were going over a bridge dont remember exactly what my friend said something like "I ran over i kicked the door and BANG! it fell off the hindges" or something well my window was down and so was cops he got behind me and pulled me over and said that my friend said Bang as in he was gona shoot a gun at the cop Bang. We told the cop the story and he started laughing then hes like well u were speeding btw......he was right next so us so he was speeding too so idk why he said something to me about it but no tickets or anything just kinda funny story.