Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How Do You....

Old 03-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Does anyone know how you put a graphic into an HTML format for easy sending via email? I want to send out a quick newsletter to a couple of people here at work, and I'm not sure how to put the graphic I have (.gif) into the right format. Thanks for any help you guys can give....
Old 03-02-2006, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Your asking for the tag to use for an image I guess?

[img]url of ur image on a webserver[/img]
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

*lol* No...not that. I'm using Outlook 2003 for an email client, and I have a flyer (.gif) that I made for something, that I want to format into HTML, to send out as a newsletter to some people here in my company.

You know how you get newsletters from companies about new products and stuff, sometimes? I know HP send them outs once in a while. I need to know how to take the graphic (.gif/.jpg) that people create, turn it into an HTML document (with links and stuff) and put it in a blank email (thats already set to send/receive HTML emails), and send it off.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

hm.. you could convert it to PDF if you wanted to.. but that requires an acrobat reader.

I think Dreamweaver has the ability to do that, but then you have to have Macromedia programs at your disposal...

Try this. Open up MS Word.
Insert --> Picture --> From File

Choose the .gif file.

File --> Save as --> Save As Type = Web Page (.htm)
Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM

A .gif file doesn't contain the information needed to transfer to html. The "text" in an image is part of the image, not ASCII code. Any links you want in there you'd have to code in yourself. You would need something like OCR software that people use to scan and convert hard-copy text documents to into editable/usable text files.

Depending on how complex the flyer is, I'd consider just rebuilding it from scratch using HTML. Maybe clear out any foreground text from the .gif file and use that as the background, then enter text and links over that in your html document.