Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How do I post pictures?

Old 10-23-2002 | 11:34 PM

Default How do I post pictures?

Ok, this I know this has been repeated time and time again......I want to post some pics of my car and need to know how. I used the search option and searched for "Postin Pictures" came up with this post from a year ago "ferrari accident", so I searched under "how to post pictures", still nothing (same ferrari post again though).

[ October 24, 2002, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Sinch ]
Old 10-24-2002 | 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

In order to add an image to your message, you must have the image already available on a web server. This can be an image on your own personal web page, for example. To place an image within a message, simply use the following Markup Tag:
code:<hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"></pre><hr />
For example, if you have an image called cateye.gif and its available from your own website at http://www.mywebsite.com/pics, then you would use the following image markup:
• HOSTING You first need to host the photos on the internet somewhere. There are a few different places to do this, but not all of them are free.
o www.printroom.com Free to sign up, and 200MB of storage. All that happens is they add a small header to the picture to advertise for themselves. Printroom.com even provides the url for you so it is nice and easy. The only negative is no matter the resolution of the picture it automatically gets shrunk down to 400 x 320.
o www.imagestation.com Free to use, has 3mb per picture and 40mb per movie limit. This will only work if you take the .orig.jpg off the end of the picture url. Unfortunately it will also only put up a 450x300 image maximum. There are several upload options, browse, explore, drag and drop.
o www.fototime.com Free 30 day trial, but after there is a yearly fee depending on how much space you want.$23.95 - 250.00 MB $47.90 - 500.00 MB $71.85 - 750.00 MB $95.80 - 1000.00 MB
o www.geocities.com To make it work from geocities you need to rename your .jpg or .gif files to .txt then link to them just like it was an image.
o www.tripod.com To make it work from Tripod you need to rename your .jpg or .gif files to .txt then link to them just like it was an image.
o www.digitalpose.com
• POSTING PICS Now this is how you post the pic here...
Then you get this.

If you know of any photo hosting sites that work, or if you have any questions let me know.

[ October 24, 2002, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 10-24-2002 | 01:52 AM

Also, just an FYI.
But most ISP providers will provide some webspace for you.

On my ISP, I get to have 5 email address, and each email address (meant to be for 5 peeps, theoretically ) gets 10Megs of webspace.

You might want to look into that before spending money on paying extra for it, as well MSN offers picture hosting, but sometimes they move or change the Url's on you, and then the linking becomes a red X. It's still on their servers, but the link has changed for individual pictures frown
Old 10-24-2002 | 07:32 AM

Thanks for the info Random and KayJai, I'll go borrow the digital camera from work and get some pics.

[ October 24, 2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Sinch ]